Chapter 7

Two weeks later, Eliza wakes up to having morning sickness. She has been sick for two weeks as well as having cravings, mood swings, tender and swollen breasts, darkened areas around the nipples, feeling tired, and then energetic, and feeling hot at one point and cold the next.

Eliza throws up in the toilet and then washes her face and brushes her teeth. She takes out the box of pregnancy tests and pulls out a test. She takes the test and then sets a timer for 5 minutes. She washes her hands and then goes into her room.

After five minutes, Eliza's phone timer buzzes and she goes into the bathroom. She picks up the test expecting it to say negative, but is very surprised to see a pink plus sign on the test. She has tears of happiness falling down her cheeks.

Eliza goes into the living room and sits down on the couch with Will and Rapunzel.

Will. Hey love. Are you alright? Do you know why you have been feeling bad and having all of the other symptoms?

Rapunzel. Yeah mommy, why are you sick?

Lily. Well it seems I am pregnant. I don't know how but I am. I took a pregnancy test just recently and it shows positive.

Will. That's amazing. When should we make an appointment?

Lily pulls up the calendar on her phone and counts the days from her last cycle. I'm four weeks along, so in 2 weeks when I am 6 weeks. By then, we will be able to see the child and hear the heartbeat.

Rapunzel. I can't wait. I love the baby so much. What if I am pregnant? The bad man raped me and released inside of me as well.

Will. I don't think so, but if you have been having the same symptoms that mommy is having, then we should have you checked.

Rapunzel. I agree. I want to know what is causing my symptoms. I have been having food aversions and cravings and feeling tired and then energetic and feeling sick and I have been seeing the nipple area getting darker and I am forming breasts. Also I have to go to the bathroom a lot.

Will. Do you know what a pregnancy test is?

Rapunzel. Yes. Do I need to take one?

Will. It would be a good idea. That way we can take it with us, along with mommy's so that the doctor can see them.

Rapunzel. Alright. And the doctor has to take a sample of our blood for a blood test.

Will. That's right.

Rapunzel goes into the bathroom next to her room and takes a pregnancy test with Lily's help. Rapunzel places the test on the counter and washes her hands. Lily sets a timer on her phone for five minutes and they go into Rapunzel's room with Will and wait for the timer to finish.

Five minutes later, the timer goes off and Rapunzel goes into the bathroom and picks up the test. She comes back into her room and sits on the bed.

Will. What does it say?

Rapunzel. I don't know. It has a pink plus sign but I don't know what it means.

Lily. It means that you are pregnant. You have a little baby growing inside of you like mommy does.

Will. Do you want to go to the doctor and have a blood test? And if that comes back positive, do you want to keep the baby? Or maybe adoption or abortion?

Lily. Babe, let's just focus on the blood test for now.

Rapunzel. I agree. I want to do the blood test, and keep the baby. I know I am only three years old, but I will be a good mother. And my body is going to be going through changes and I will have a menstrual cycle. I did some research about it. Sometimes I think that the two of you give me too much free reign when it comes to electronics.

Will. Maybe, but you are very smart and learn a lot about the world because we allow you to look up this type of stuff. So we will go on the second Friday of November which will be the 11th.

Rapunzel. And we get to see my baby and mommy's baby and hear each of their heartbeats. And we will give birth on the same day. And they get to have toys and clothes and food and love and care and protection and health.

Lily. You really do love the child inside of you, don't you?

Rapunzel. Yes! I love my son or daughter so much, and I love my brother or sister so much as well.

Lily. I'm glad to hear that. For now, let's have breakfast and then we can go to the store and get some stuff for the baby and us.

Will. I think that would be a wonderful idea.

Rapunzel. So do I. Our babies deserve to be comfortable.

The three of them eat breakfast, and then go to the store and buy a bunch of baby stuff. A woman sees the little girl holding a pile of baby stuff in her arms. She smiles and goes over to the family.

Courtney: Hello. I'm sorry for intruding, but I couldn't help but notice that your daughter was carrying baby stuff. Is she helping with her sibling?

Will. Yes, but the items she is carrying are for her own child that she is growing.

Courtney. Well that's wonderful. I mean it's probably terrible the way she came to be this way, but it is wonderful that she is keeping the baby.

Rapunzel. Thank you. I am going to be the best mother ever at 3 years old. And my mommy's ex raped both of us on the night of my birthday, July 30th. And since you are not judging me, I will tell you that we get to see our babies and hear their heartbeats on November 11th. Also, what is your name?

Caroline. My name is Caroline Potter. Are you excited to see your sibling and child?

Rapunzel. Yes! But mommy and I have to take a blood test to confirm the positive pregnancy test, and I'm afraid of needles.

Caroline. So am I, but they only hurt for a second. And then the pain is gone.

Rapunzel. What does it feel like? And where does the needle go?

Caroline looks at the parents and they give their approval to touch their daughter. Caroline looks back at Rapunzel. It feels like this. She pokes her arm lightly. Rapunzel flinches but relaxes a second later.

Rapunzel. That didn't last long at all. And I know now where the needle will go.

Caroline. It has been really nice talking to you. Good luck to you and your mother on your pregnancies. I have to leave now.

Rapunzel. Okay. Bye.

Caroline. Bye.

Caroline leaves, and the family continues their shopping for the rest of the day, taking a break to eat lunch. When they arrive home, all three of them have their hands full of bags with baby items. Will brings in the boxes that have the cribs and sets them up in the nursery. He also sets up the changing tables, and puts two rocking chairs in the nursery, along with toys, diapers, cleaning wipes, and a trash can. In the bathroom, there are two baby seats for the sink when the babies are bathed, baby shampoo, baby body wash, and baby towels. They bought pink and blue towels in case there was one boy and one girl or two girls or two boys. They also bought pink and blue clothes and pink and blue paint for the walls.

After everything is put away, and the walls are painted both colors, everyone washes up for dinner, and sit at the table. Dinner is served soon after, and they eat. Once dinner is finished around 8 at night, the family changes into nightclothes, and they go to their respective beds and fall asleep.