Chapter-18

Aura Finely

A day passed but not more than two words were exchanged between us. After I denied the meeting, Kian distanced himself from me which bothered me more than his flirting with girls in front of me.

I wished to throw my stubbornness away and be normal with him again, but I couldn't anymore. I could not see him the way I saw him at the beginning. And even if I wanted to go near him, he would walk away from me. He had stopped throwing teasing remarks at me. He had stopped smiling at me. He had stopped noticing me. And that stung like bitch.

But I had to put aside my sentiments for the task. A day had passed and we hadn't discussed anything about our plan. No matter what, the plan needed to be executed with perfection. And we didn't have days to waste either. Only five days were until the wedding.

So, ceasing the ongoing battle of my heart, I arranged for the emergency meeting with Kian and Rian. Rian was needed to be involved this time since I had to discuss something important that both Kian and I missed discussing before.

Kian was avoiding me so I texted him notifying him about the meeting I wanted to arrange.

Sitting in one of the deserted rooms at the dusty round table of the basement, Kian and I waited for Rian to end the call she was taking in the corner of the room so we could continue the conversation.

"Done avoiding me?" I heard Kian say. I switched my from Rian to him.

"I wasn't avoiding —" Before I could complete my sentence he raised an eyebrow at me, giving me a who-are-you-fooling look.

I huffed. There was no reason to hide it since he knew better. "Fine. I was avoiding you. But you were doing the same."

I mean, if I was avoiding him, he shouldn't have given up so damn easily.

At my accusation, he ran his tongue inside the wall of his cheek which I could see from outside. "I had my reasons." He simply shrugged.

I scowled. "Then I had mine, too."

He abruptly placed his forearms on the table and leaned forward, and was about to say something when Rian's voice stopped him

"So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" She questioned as she took her seat on the vacant chair against the table. She scrunched her nose when dirt stuck to her hands as she tried to place them on the table. She rubbed her hands together to wipe the dust. "The plan is coming along fine, isn't it?"

"Yes, the plan is coming along fine," I spoke. "It's just I wanted to discuss something which should have been discussed before."

Kian too didn't have clue about it because he too raised his eyebrows at me. Jesus, how could he have missed such an important part of the plan?

Interweaving the fingers of my hands, I leaned forward and placed the blade of my hands on the table. "Rian, in the hurry of planning your escape we forgot to ask you about the place you want to flee to. We'll have to book a safe flight for you in order not be get caught."

"Fuck! How did that slip my mind?!" Kian cussed, banging his hand on the table. I shrugged at him when he looked at me. What's my fault if he was busy flirting with every female in the world?

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I have already booked my tickets." Rian casually replied, which made me suspiciously look at her.

"Why wasn't this informed to us, Rian? We have the right to know where you are going to make sure you're safe." I questioned irritatedly. How could she hide such important information from us?