Chapter-6

Aura Finley

When Rian texted me the address I didn't know that it would turn out to be a grand manor house. The modern piece of architecture, impressive enough to make heads turn. The vicinity was contemporary with a myriad of evenly shaped trees beautifying the vast landscape at the front and on the right side, there was a stunning pool deck with lounge chairs and plants cleverly arranged around it. It was picturesque enough to be referred to as a private sanctuary.

I held my breath and tightened my grip on my suitcase and walked through the abstract pathway created with the marbles of grey and white. The atmosphere seemed chaotic, people running around frantically probably for some planned purpose, some unloading the props from the truck, some chatting casually, perhaps the preparations to embellish the mansion had begun.

I had just taken a step forward when a gentle tap on my right shoulder stopped me from moving. I didn't have to turn to look as to who had stopped me as the person was now before me, waving at me with a wild grin playing on his lips.

"Hello there, cheesesteak. All set to work?"

"First of all, stop calling me cheesesteak. My parents gave me a beautiful name, I'd rather you stick to that." The firmness in my voice must give him the notion of how bothered I was.

"Aura..." His gaze observed me dreamily. "Indeed a beautiful name. It symbolizes wind, doesn't it?" Then I saw a glint of amusement radiating through his eyes. "But where's fun in calling you by your name than it is to see you over the edge...ready to pounce on me." He whispered sensually and winked playfully.

"You—" I was about to pounce on him to scratch that godly face of his but was stopped by Rian's voice.

"Hey, you both have arrived. Welcome."

I saw her coming out of the manor wearing a short kaftan dress and flat sandals with her hair tied in a high bun, looking every bit gorgeous one could imagine.

"Damn, you are soaring the heat, girl! Have some mercy at the males in your vicinity. Do you want us to melt?"

I visibly rolled my eyes at Kian's flirty remark. What else could have I expected from him?

Rian, who was already soaking in Kian's charms since she had met him, blushed while gently laughing. "Charming way to greet girls, Kian. Did you greet Aura the same way or it's just me?"

"Just you, sweets. Can't risk being blown away by the wind here." He laughed, clearly mocking me while glancing at me peripherally.

I scowled, mentally spinning him unrelentingly in the unabated storm of my wrath.

"Hey, Rian. You look beautiful." I smiled at her. I had to compliment her since she indeed looked stunning. I never hesitate to compliment the elements I like.

"Aww, thank you. And I must say, you look gorgeous in this skater dress of yours." She came forward just to hug me. "C'mon, the event planning team has arrived. Let's get you in it."

She then led us inside the mansion and even for that short walk, Kian kept throwing flirty remarks. "Hey, Zoya, here are the interns I was talking about," Rian exclaimed and a group of people directed their gaze at us. Rian was introducing us to Zoya, the team leader when someone called for her from behind.

"Rian."

Rian spun with bullet speed and jumped on the man who had just called her. "Oh my god, Rio! Brother, I missed you so much! You were supposed to arrive the day after tomorrow, weren't you?" She asked him while hugging the life out of him.

"I missed you too, my baby sis. And yeah, surprise." The man whose name was Rio I presumed, smiled at her.

Their adorable interaction reminded me of my brother. Oh, how I missed him. I made a mental note to call him later.