Mickey and Pete in the past/A sibling rivalry

At the Hall of the Cornerstone in Disney Castle, Queen Minnie waited anxiously for Sora, Hikari, Donald and Goofy to return with Merlin until she heard a voice. "There's Heartless in every part of the castle..." It was Donald's voice. "The Queen is in danger!" Merlin had arrived with Sora, Hikari, Donald and Goofy.

	"Perhaps, I'd better just see for myself," Merlin said as he walked up to the Cornerstone of Light and took a quick look

"Perhaps, I'd better just see for myself," Merlin said as he walked up to the Cornerstone of Light and took a quick look. "Mm-hmm...interesting..."

"What's happening, Merlin?" Queen Minnie asked Merlin.

"This is not good," Merlin said to the Queen. "In fact, I'm afraid, it's quite serious." He makes a door appear.

"What's that? Is that a door?" Hikari asked.

"My dear princess, that's not just any door. That is a gateway to a special world." Merlin said to Hikari. "Someone in that world is responsible for what's going on in this castle. Of that, I'm certain."

"Cool!" Hikari smiled.

"Oh boy!" Donald shouted.

"We knew we could count on you, Merlin!" Goofy smiled.

"Then we should go get him!" Sora said as he, Hikari, Donald and Goofy walked up to the door.

Merlin stopped them. "Wait a moment! The perpetrators must be stopped, of course. But there's something else to do first. Somewhere in that world, there should be another door that's identical to this one. I believe our enemies are utilizing that door. As long as it remains open, the castle will be in grave danger. Listen carefully, Sora, Hikari. You two must find that door. And when you do—lock it with your Keyblades."

"Got it," Sora and Hikari said, nodding.

"You can count on us!" Donald said, placing his hand on his heart.

"Now, one more thing," Merlin warned. "You're heading into a very special world. While you're there, the nature of that world may tempt you to do something dark. You must resist that temptation at all costs!"

"What do you mean?" Hikari asked.

"You'll know soon enough," Merlin smiled at Sora, Hikari, Donald and Goofy. "I have faith in you, my lads and my dear!"

Hikari nodded as she opened the door and walked through with Sora, Donald and Goofy. Once they did, they found themselves in a black and white world called Timeless River.

Goofy pointed to the Cornerstone of Light. "Hey, look! There's the Cornerstone of Light!"

Sora and Hikari walked up to the cornerstone and looked around.

"What's going on?" Sora asked.

"I'm thinking the same thing," Hikari said. "Everything's black and white."

Donald looked around as well. "Hey, this is kinda like...um...uh..."

"Déjà vu?" Goofy asked.