Prologue

WELCOME TO CRIMSON DEMONS, VIOLET SHADOWS IN VINNIE'S POV! I THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER TO READ THAT FIRST (BECAUSE SHE'S MY FAVORITE OC OF ALL TIME), BUT IT REALLY SHOULDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE. JUST BE WARNED, CHAOS MAY BE A LITTLE RIDICULOUS AND VINCENT'S THOUGHTS MIGHT BE OUT OF CHARACTER...

"You have been warned..." ~ The Lorax

"Excuse me," I mutter as I accidentally bump into one of the many (and unnecessary) maids of the Shinra Mansion. She glares at me, mumbling about arrogant Turks and such. Not my fault, old hag.

Honestly, this place is big, but there aren't many rooms. It shouldn't be this impossible to find the person I'm looking for. My black shoes thump rhythmically on the carpet and wood floors of the manor, my crimson eyes searching quickly for one of two women, both with the same last name. One causing me pain and the other in pain over a loss from couple years ago. Her fiancé died in Wutai when he was sent there to settle the rebellion led by the young new leader, Godo Kisaragi.

I shake my head. You're getting off track, Valentine. Keep looking for the Crescents. My head, I swear it's like a filing cabinet. Everything has it's own place, but it's so easy to get lost in all the waves of information, all the distractions. I never believed my mother's "You're ADD, you need help" claims until I joined the Turks... What is it now? Three and a half years ago? Veld says I'm the best he's ever had there, aside from himself, of course. The best Shinra Turk hired in the entire history of the company.

Keep it together, I remind myself sternly. I don't think I've ever been this, well, nervous to talk to either of these girls until now. Having been rejected by the most beautiful woman on the planet, who chose a creepy scientist pedophile over me, I try to keep the hurting feeling away until night, where I can sit in my room and curse myself for letting her do this until dawn, where my poker face comes back on and I play the "Stoic Bodyguard" role. I don't even notice someone wandering in my direction until they stumble straight into me (again, filing cabinet brain of overwhelming information).

"Oh! Sorry Mr. Valentine! I swear I didn't see you there!" I look down to see her little sister, an annoying, overly cheerful, lonely, immature monster hunter for the mansion. Don't let her personality fool you, I've seen her take down dragons with one arrow. She means business when it comes to battle.

"It's fine," I shake my head. Then I hesitantly glance around to make sure no one's bothered to watch us for no reason. "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Sure," she shrugs, pushing her brunette hair up with her shoulders. She always smells like hair dye and flowers. Never anything else, which I always found odd, not that the girl herself isn't. Twenty four with a son she seems to have forgotten about and a dead fiancé she secretly mourns 24/7. I push the thoughts away into their own little files and push into the closest room. Whether it has a name or not, neither of us know. Everyone here just calls it "the one with the piano" if you need directions to this specific place. I close the door quietly and look at her with a frown.