After 4

"Alright, let's get down to business," Liam started. The four of them were sitting at a round table, and were discussing what they wanted to do in the retreat. Zayn was falling asleep, Louis was grumpy, and Harry was snappy.

"Liam, please, can we just relax for a bit?" Harry was desperate. Louis nodded to agree and Zayn just kinda moved his head. Li sighed and gave in.

"Fine, but we have to be on call if any of us need something." Liam compromised.

"Yeah , I always am," Louis replied, not missing the glare Harry sent his way. Shit

Harry muttered to himself, "What do you know about being there for someone." And although no one else heard it, Louis did, and he felt anger boiling up.

Fuck you Harry. Louis was done, so he stormed off from the table. Harry did the same, leaving Liam confused, since Zayn was already snoring by now.

"- never again." "your fault-" Voices drifted through the cabin, clearly Harry and Louis'. Their room door opened, Louis walked out, and Liam saw the tear tracks on his face. Harry walked out a moment later too, hands as red as his eyes. Somethings very wrong

Liam made a phone call. His plan was set in motion.

" HARRYYY!!! WHERE'S YOUR FOOD," a new voice called when the sun gad begun to waver. Niall????

Louis heard Niall yell through the cabin from his place under the bathroom sink. He wiped his eyes and walked out to greet Niall.

"Niall what are you doing here? You said you had an appointment." Harry was talking to Niall when Louis walked in. Niall's eyes moved to Louis and he saw them soften. Harry turned around also, and for a split second, Louis could swear he saw the Hazza he knew. But he was gone as soon he had appeared.

"Oh hey Louis, how's it going?"

"It's been alright. Did you just come for the food?" Louis replied to Niall.

"Actually no Li-," Niall got cut off by Liam loudly announcing that there were strawberries on the kitchen counter, and Harry of course left immediately.

"Lo-," Harry almost called. He was going to tel Louis that there were blueberries, but realized it was something he shouldn't do anymore. No more personal connections

"Liam, why did you call me over?"

"Niall, you saw the tear tracks on Louis eyes, and the way Harry looked like a mess."

"Yeah, what's up with them? I thought they were good friends all throughout senior year."

"I don't know either, but you remember the way things felt off during graduation?" When Niall nodded Liam continued, "Well I'm getting that same feeling right now."

"Hey Louis," Zayn said to him, after walking into the kitchen half asleep. He squinted at Louis. "You ok?" Louis nodded and Zayn grabbed a banana and left.

"Harry?"

"Yeah Louis?"

"Could you pass me the blueberries please?" Harry grabbed them and gave it to Louis. They both remembered their first date, but neither seemed to look inclined to bring it up.

"How can you act like nothing happened?" It was Harry's turn to ask a question.

"Me? How about you erasing me from your life like that," Louis snapped his fingers on the last part.

This was how it always started. One person would say something, and the other would get mad. A vicious cycle.

Harry and Louis were screaming at each other and it took Liam, Niall, and Zayn to take them to different rooms.

The three of them met up in the kitchen afterwards to talk.

"That's not something 'good friends' do" Zayn started.

"Yeah no duh Zayn," Niall rolled his eyes. But deep inside they all knew something was off. And it didn't seem like it could be solved so easily.

Harry and Louis both went to sleep, tired from the fighting, dreaming of a life that they could have had.

Or might still have.....

*
*
*

Hey y'all
Hope you liked the chapter
Okay bye