6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-'•Linetta's POV•'-

"Griffin?" I gasped- looking at the boy she knew, but looked totally different.

He had cropped chestnut hair that he had when he was younger and changed it, it now was lengthy, curling around his shoulders.
He still had the bony face- beady eyes that shone hazel. He had tiny freckles still covering the entirety of his face, dotting his golden skin.

I understand why my past self chose him- he really is a beautiful boy, all boys in Autmun are. They were my favourite Court- until I entered the Night Court, and met a boy with magnificent black wings and gorgeous alluring eyes.

"I-I haven't seen you in ages." He blurted in disbelief- he was looking at me as if I was a new person, oddly, I didn't look much different I thought.

"Mhm." I said awkwardly- I now noticed how much thinner he looked than I had last met him.

Maybe because he's growing up- he's much taller than I thought he would be...but it's maybe because of how he is living.

I remember I helped him, finance wise, his family couldn't earn what they needed to survive, neither hunt, so I would help him with all of that.

Our relationship didn't exactly end on a bad note- we just fell out of love. It was more of a child's love- I didn't used to think that, but since I met Nyx, I know what proper, deep love is. Even if we haven't had much time to experience it.

"What- what are you doing here?" He asked inquisitively- now glancing at the dark winged 'creatures' hovering either side of me- nervous.

Cailean was scowling at him and....funnily enough so was Erebus. Melody just stood behind Erebus- frowning in recognition. Melody travelled with me- and knew that me and Griffin had some kind of relationship- but didn't pry.

"We're just passing through- we have a kind of 'mission'. " I said, looking down at the leafy ground, averting his eyes.

"Ah." He replied- shifting awkwardly on his feet- hands in his pockets.

"How have you been?" I asked out of interest- finally looking up at him.

He shrugged. "Average."

"Are you still living-"

"Yeah." He interrupted- trouble melting through his features. "It is what it is, I'm working through it."

"I see." I mumbled- regretting asking that kind of personal question.

"I haven't had anyone since I had you." He added randomly- now staring straight into my eyes.

I given him a puzzled look.

"I don't see how that comes into the conversation." Cailean remarked, irritated.

"We were in love." He cut back- glaring at him with outrage.

"When we were kids, Grffin."

"We weren't exactly 'kids', anyway, why does that even matter?"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his response. "Anyway, we better be getting sleep- we have a long day ahead of us."

I turned around- flattening my blanket down just to do something. Cailean, Erebus and Melody followed suit- doing random tasks too.

"Can I just ask you; have you?" Griffin asked curiously- prying into my private life.

I re-positioned a pillow. "Yes, yes I have." I mumbled. "The 'mission' I mentioned is for him."

Spring and Night: ACOTAR Fanfic 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara