4.

Gaumbi sent Shiva to Ahmedabad early in the morning for some work and Raavi was annoyed. He couldn't take her shopping because of it. She wanted to be cross with Shiva for leaving but it wasn't his fault. It was Gaumbi's and she couldn't exactly be mad at Gaumbi. Shiva did leave her money to go shopping by herself, so in order to uplift her mood, she went shopping by herself. She spent the entire morning shopping. First she went in and bought new bed sheets, then curtains. At last, the fairy lights. Shiva's swing was the difficult one. She called him on the cell to ask him what kind of swing she wanted but his phone was unreachable.

She made two rounds of the market before making a decision. It was a small chair like swing which looked really pretty. She paid the shopkeeper who promised to deliver it to their house. Then she went back and had lunch. Dhara di kept asking her about her shopping trip, but Raavi kept replying to her in monosyllables. She was upset at Dhara di and Gaumbi for sending Shiva to Ahmedabad. After lunch, she went to her room and changed the curtains and bedsheets. She left the lights for Shiva. He was the best person for the job. The swing was delivered in the evening. Dhara and Rishita was shocked to see it. Raavi told the delivery boy to place it in her room.

"Excuse me! Tumhare room mein kyu?" Rishita asked.

"Kyu matlab? Maine kharida hai. Toh mere room mein rahega."

The delivery boy handed the delivery slip to Dhara to sign. Her eyes went wide as she saw the price of the swing. "Raavi tune Rs. 10,000 kharch kar diye ek jhule pe?"

"10,000?" Rishita was shocked. "Wow! Just wow! Yaha mujhe Rs. 2,000 ka parcel lene ke liye Dhara bhabhi ke saamne haath failana padhta hai aur tum jake 10k kharcha karke aati ho. Yeh partiality nahi toh aur kya hai?"

"Rishita please! Main baat kar rahi hi! Raavi itni bari rakam kharch karne se pehle ek baar humse puch toh liya hota. Aur ek jhule ki wajah se? Bachhi ho tum?" Dhara scolded her.

"Please Dhara bhabhi. Aap yeh daantne ka natak mat karo. Aaj bilkul clear ho gaya ki iss ghar mein mere saath partiality hoti hai!"

Raavi had had enough. "Partiality? Tumhare saath?" She laughed loudly, making a scene. "Partiality toh mere saath ho rahi hai Rishita. Meri shaadi ko ek hafta nahi hua aur aap sabne Shiva ko Ahmedabad bhej diya? Kyu? Dev deal karta hai na uss dealer ke saath? Main batati hu kyu. Aap sab meri aur Shiva ki shaadi ko seriously nahi lete ho. Dev aur Rishita ki toh love marriage hui hai. Dev kaise jaye apni biwi ko chodke? But Shiva? Shiva aur Raavi ki shaadi ka toh koi matlab hi nahi banta. Unn dono ka koi plan ho bhi toh kya matlab banta hai? Bhej do Shiva ko Raavi se dur. Aur mujhe apne kamre ke liye kuch kharidne se pehle sabki permission leni paregi?"

"Raavi aisa nahi hai..." Dhara was shocked at her outburst.

"Aisa hi hai." Raavi sobbed. "Shiva aur mujhe shopping karne jana tha aaj par aap logo ne use bhejne se pehle ek baar puchna bhi zaroori nahi samjha."

"Sorry Raavi!" Raavi turned around to find Gaumbi and Shiva at the door. "Galti meri thi. Mujhe puchne chahiye tha tujhse. I'm sorry."

Shiva was still surprised at his wife's outburst. He had no idea she would make such a big scene over a shopping trip. Gosh! It was only going to get worse with time. This is how women trapped their husbands and this was his punishment for marrying her. He shuddered thinking of the future. It was only a matter of time till all her anger would be directed at him.

"Ek kaam karte hai." Gaumbi said. "Kal Shiva chutti lega aur sara din tere saath spend karega. Tujhe uske saath jaha jaana hai tu jaa sakti hai."

Raavi smiled a little and nodded. Rishita rolled her eyes and went back to her own room. Dhara showed Gaumbi the bill for the swing, but Gaumbi asked her to relax and took her away from there. Raavi felt Shiva's eyes on her, and she wondered if he were mad at her for creating a scene. She couldn't take it anymore. Her intention wasn't to hurt anybody.

"Yeh sab kya tha?" Shiva asked. "Shopping nahi gaya tere saath toh itna natak?"

"Woh Rishita wapas partiality ka naara laga rahi thi." Raavi said. Then she remembered the swing. She really wanted to see his reaction. "Tu pehle mere saath chal." She dragged Shiva to their room.

Raavi watched the surprise on Shiva's face turn into a blush. He went closer and examined the swing. She at once knew he loved it! He sat on the swing and looked at her, but his eyebrows furrowed as he remembered something.

"Maine toh tujhe sirf 5k diye the phir tu yeh kaise kharidi?" Shiva asked.

"Woh isiliye ki yeh jhula main apne paiso se layi hu." Raavi smiled. "Meri taraf se tere liye humari wedding gift."

Shiva was shocked to hear that. He wasn't used to getting gifts from anybody, and he had no idea how to thank her. Raavi suddenly pulled him up and sat on the swing herself.

"Waise tune best cheez choose ki humare room ke liye. Aur woh Rishita ise public property samajh rahi thi." Raavi said. Then she remembered the lights. She ran to the bed and showed Shiva the lights. "Inhe laga de na thik se please."

Shiva got the perfect opportunity to thank her. He got a ladder and put up Raavi's lights. They really lit up the room. When he was done, he went and put the ladder back in the place, then he came back and looked at the room. It was perfect! The chipkali had outdone herself. He sat on the bed and admired their room. Raavi did the same.

"Perfect hai na Shiva?" Raavi asked.

"Haa perfect."

Raavi looked at Shiva. Somehow this whole ordeal gave her hope that this marriage could work. He smiled at her, then lay down on the bed.