Chapter 25

3rd person's POV
"You fucking idiot!"

Anne's eyes widened and she frowned.

"What? How am I an idiot?" Anne asked.

"You just rejected the girl that loves you, the girl that would do anything for you!"

"I would do anything for her too!" Anne said.

Maddie shook her head and said. "No you wouldn't."

"Yes, I would."

"Would you date her?"

It went silent as Anne hesitated.

Anne wanted to say no, she really did, but something in her also wanted to say yes.

She shook her head and hesitated before saying. "No, I wouldn't."

"Then you're an absolute idiot." Maddie said.

"That girl loves you, she adores you, but I honestly don't know why because you're kind of selfish."

Anne frowned and said. "I'm not selfish."

"Really? So since you didn't wanna date her, would you care if she dated someone else, like... say, Sasha?" Maddie asked.

Anne tensed up before shutting her eyes

She didn't like the thought of Sasha and Marcy dating, but she didn't want to be selfish, besides, why should she care? She doesn't like Marcy... Right?

Anne sighed and said. "Who she dates is none of my business."

"You thought about it though, that means you're at least a little bit selfish."

"Well, a lot of people are, okay?"

"Whatever, if you let her go, that'd be a big mistake, buddy." Maddie said.

"Now, I'm leaving and I'm taking Marcy with me."

"But-"

"Nope, I don't want Marcy seeing you when you clearly haven't made up your mind."

It went silent as Maddie went to Anne's room.

She came back to the living room, this time with Marcy.

Marcy turned to Anne and tried to say something, but Maddie dragged her out of the house.

Anne sighed as she was left alone to her thoughts.

To be continued...