Chapter 14

3rd person's POV
Marcy awkwardly smiled before saying. "Yeah, well, uh, I actually overheard you and Sprig talking about your crush..."

Anne's eyes widened and she said. "W-What?"

Marcy sighed before playing with her hands nervously.

"Uh, well, you were talking about how you aren't single but you and this girl's relationship was complicated..."

"Oh, uh, yeah, well, um, you see." Anne said nervously, trying to explain it without Marcy thinking Anne had a crush on her.

Marcy waited nervously but patiently for an answer.

"Um, uh, well..." Anne stuttered out.

Marcy sighed before saying. "It's okay, I know you don't like me."

Anne frowned at that and shook her head.

"I never said that."

"You didn't have to say it, it was obvious."

Anne frowned before grabbing Marcy's hands which made Marcy stop moving so much.

"Marcy, I like you, you're my best friend."

Marcy scoffed before bitterly laughing.

"Yeah, you don't have to rub it in."

Anne furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and said. "What do you mean?"

"You've always seen me as your best friend and nothing more."

"I don't get what you're trying to say..."

Marcy shook her head before saying. "You like someone else, you're also dating them while you're still kissing me? I don't know much about relationships, but I know enough to know that that's cheating."

Anne gulped nervously, she knew she would have to tell Marcy the truth sooner or later.

"So, who are you cheating on, huh?" Marcy asked.

Anne shook her head frantically and said. "No one, I'm not a cheater."

Marcy shook Anne's hands off of hers and backed away.

"Marcy, I'm not a cheater, you have to believe me, please." Anne pleaded.

Marcy sighed before saying. "Stop lying, if you like someone then you're cheating on her with me."

Anne was getting more frustrated the more Marcy didn't believe her or listen to her.

Until she finally said. "The girl I was talking about was you!"

To be continued...