Chapter 18

3rd person's POV
"And we probably will never be just friends." Marcy added.

Anne glanced at her but quickly looked away when she realized Marcy was already staring at her.

Marcy sighed and got up, but this time, Anne didn't stand up with her.

Marcy noticed and she frowned.

She shook her head and decided to leave.

"Come to me when you're ready to talk." Marcy said and left the house.

Anne watched as she left and once she was out the door, Anne sighed and laid down on the couch.

She stared at the ceiling as she let her thoughts run wild.

Marcy loves me...

She couldn't get that fact out of her mind, the fact that Marcy loved her didn't weird her out, it was the fact she was fine with it that did.

She closed her eyes and tried to think of something that makes her happy to take her mind off of things.

But the only thing she could think of was Marcy.

She sat up and stared at the wall.

Maybe I'm making a mistake by pushing her away...

She closed her eyes and thought some more.

Back with Marcy, she had just left the house, and she was a little upset that Anne didn't follow after her.

But she couldn't be surprised, and her brain let her know that.

What did you expect? For Anne to come running out crying and then she'll tell you she loved you all along? You're pathetic.

Marcy sighed and buried her hands in her pockets, and she kicked rocks along the way.

She didn't know why she liked Anne, Anne never even showed any interest in Marcy romantically, so why couldn't she just let it go?

Anne doesn't like you back, and she never will.

Marcy shook those thoughts away but the frown on her face didn't leave.

Maybe we'll never date after all...

To be continued...