seven

100 years later

[y/n] knew they shouldn't have bought the ice cream but they really needed something to eat right about now.

now they were sitting on a bench as snowflakes fell from thesky. the cold winter wind guiding them as they gracefullydanced around. they contemplated whether they should justgo home or lick the ice cream and torture his tongue.

they sat there admiring winter. they felt anotherperson sit beside them. but they couldn't care less, in fact, they were somewhat pissed. all they wanted was to have their tiny crisis, in peace. 

"i missed you."

their eyes widened. did they hear right? were they hallucinating. they looked to their side and there she was, a smile on that damn breathtaking face, arms wide open.

"i missed you too." a smile formed itself on [y/n]'s face. dropping the ice cream on the snow-covered ground, they threw themself in her arms. "i found you, i finally found you!"

"technically, i found you."

"oh shut up, i love you jirou." [y/n] giggle as they pressed their lips against jirou's. jirou's embraced tightened and she kissed back.

they've waited for this. their whole lives, all of it. each life they've always been held apart by the universe somewhat like a broken record that needed to be fixed. but now, finally, they stood in each other's arms.

they eventually pulled away from the kiss, their foreheads still touching. jirou kept her hands in [y/n]'s cheek. "I love you too."

hands intertwined, the words on their wrists finally connecting, they smiled. it had always been them against the world, but at least now, they were together.

end.