six

trigger warning for suicide.

it was twelve in the morning. [y/n] woke up in a jolt. tears streaming down their face.
"ji-jirou."

they tried to process everything. but their head was pounding and the tears won't stop.

it was almost real. they felt it, they felt their arms around her. they felt her heartbeat. they felt their pinky tangled with hers.

they looked at their wrist. jirou really was their soulmate. but the universe had to be stupid and ruin everything.

[y/n] was a sobbing mess. they missed jirou's touch so much. her voice. they missed being in her arms. they missed her. the real jirou. the jirou who loved them as much as she could. instead, [y/n] was left with an empty space and a gaping hole in their heart.

it was suffocating. they couldn't breathe. they needed air. they headed to their balcony, their hand covering their mouth, muffling their sobs.

they looked up at the night sky scattered with stars. so beautiful yet so sad.

"we can't even be under the same sky."

they looked down. thirteen stories down were the cold concrete. it was tempting. then again what even is the point of living if you'd forever be alone.

not even processing what they were doing, their foot climbed up the rail. tears still falling down, both of their feet moved to the side of the rail, only their hands holding on stopping them from being with jirou.

being with her, yeah, to finally be happy with her. their eyes met the inside of their apartment. then they looked at the sky.

"i'm not breaking that promise. i'll find you in the next life and fix everything. please wait for me."

their fingers started to loose one by one, a sad smile formed itself on their face.

"i love you, kyouka jirou."

▂▂▂▂