four

"i miss you."

"i miss you too."
"wait why did you say that?"

"i don't know but same."

"who are you?"
"are you my soulmate?"

"who are you?"

"[y/n] [l/n]."

"[l/n]? momo yaoyorozu's soulmate?! my best-"

"wait! isn't kyouka their soulmate?"

"the hell? i don't even have a soulmate."

"[l-l/n]?"

▂▂▂▂

"[y/n]!"

[y/n] was tackled into a hug by jirou causing them to almost fall on the floor.

"woah, calm down." [y/n] pushed off jirou.

"sorry. i have good news-"

"let me guess, momo yaoyorozu is your soulmate?"

jirou stopped mid-sentence in shock. "how did you know? are you psychic or something?"

"[l/n]? momo yaoyorozu's soulmate?! my best-"

"wait! isn't kyouka their soulmate?"

"just a gut feeling." [y/n] faked a smile as their heart sank. "anyways congratulations!"

jirou pulled the arm of a long black-haired girl who's hair is tied in a poytail. "[y/n] meet momo! momo this is my best friend, [y/n]."

'soah, she's beautiful.' [y/n] thought. mustering up the courage to fake another smile they let out a hand to shake, "nice to meet you! so...are you two dating?"

"ah, no...we decided to take things slowly and just let it flow." momo smiled as she shook [y/n]'s hand.

"also, I'm sorry [y/n] but i can't always walk with you home with you..." jirou pouted.

"oh no! jirou it's fine, i don't wanna take your time with your best friend." momo said.

"no don't be silly." [y/n] shook their head, "it's fine i understand." a sickly feeling started growing in [y/n]'s stomach, "damn, must be nice to have a soulmate.

momo gave a heartwarming smile, "don't worry. i'm sure you'll find yours!"

▂▂▂▂

[y/n] was in their room, lost in their thoughts. a frown made its way as they were reminded that they were jirou's friend. they knew that they weren't jirou's soulmate and eventually find hers, but [y/n] hoped, hoped that there will still be a chance. even if they weren't soulmates.

although [y/n] denied it, they finally accepted it. they were in love with their best friend. in love with someone who was falling for someone else.

they knew it was wrong. they knew that they should've been happy for jirou instead. they knew that they were just a friend. still it hurts.