two

[y/n] laid on their bed, staring at their stealing, very very confused.

twenty-eight hours passed, yet they haven't found their soulmate. was it a mistake? did the ink appear too early?

no one spoke to them after their encounter with the worker at the music store. was jirou their soulmate. but why didn't the words that came out of her lips corresponding with the words in [y/n]'s wrist?

brushing the thoughts away, they buried themselves in layers of blankets and pillows.

▂▂▂▂

"i miss you."

"i miss you too."
"wait, why did i say that?"

"i don't know, but same."

"who are you?"
"are you my soulmate?"

"who are you?"

▂▂▂▂

ding, ding, ding!

[y/n] woke up in a jolt, sweaty, blankets sticking all over her body. they took their buzzing phone and closed the alarm.

removing the blankets, their body was hit with the room's cold air. they grabbed their towel and went straight to the bathroom.

they turned on the shower and was hit with warm water. they just stood there, letting the water hit them as they tried to fix their thought.

'where's my soulmate?
will i be lonely forever?
and what's with those dreams?
wait does those dreams have to do something with the soulmate thing?'

"i miss you."

[y/n]'s eyes widened and immediately look at their wrist.

i miss you.

"no, no. it can't be." they muttered to themselves, "[y/n] calm down. you can't think about this right now. you're going to be late."

trying to forget their thoughts, they grabbed the shampoo bottle and washed themselves.

▂▂▂▂

[y/n] found themselves back in the music store again but to find jirou. there was something about her that gave [y/n] something that they couldn't put a finger on.

roaming through the instruments, they pretend to look for an instrument.

"oh hey, looking for a place to sleep again?"

[y/n] got startled, "w-what?"

it was the same girl who [y/n] was looking for, jirou kyouka. "sorry if i startled you. are you looking for an instrument? I'll help you find it." she smiled.

that smile again.

[y/n] brushed off the butterflies in their stomach, "uh yeah. i need a music book for [favorite instrument]."

jirou raised an eyebrow, "if you're looking for a music book why are you looking at the instruments?"

[y/n] looked to the side, feeling herself get embarrassed.

'cute,' jirou thought. 
"that's fine, i'll help you." the girl grabbed [y/n]'s wrist and walked towards the music sheet section.

jirou found the book and gave it to [y/n], "hey, uh, if you don't mind, what's your name?"

[y/n] was taken aback but answered, "[y/n] [l/n]."

jirou hummed, "what's your favorite artist and genre?"

[y/n] perked up, "my favorite artist is [favorite artist] and my favorite genre is [favorite genre]."

"cool! let's be friends."

[y/n] smiled and nodded their head. 

after a long time, [y/n]'s face was plastered with a real smile.