10.

It had been one of the nicest days Stiles had had in a very long time. His dad wasn't worried about him as much as he used to be and he finally decided to concentrate more on his studies than on the supernatural. And finally, after so long, his mind was at peace and his heart rate wasn't high rocketting every five minutes for no reasons. He still dealt with the supernatural, of course, but just not as often as he used to.

The pack was currently sitting outside the school, studying for finals as well as talking about their next move on their supernatural issue of the month when Theo, who had redemed himself a little while ago, walked to them with someone they didn't know right by his side.

"Hey guys."

"Hi?" Lydia replied with a raised brow, looking at the stranger standing next to the wolf from head to toe with judgy eyes. "And who might that be?"

"He arrived this morning." Theo informed. "He's in most of our classes and didn't know anyone so I thought he could just hang out with us."

"Sure!" Allison said with a bright smile. "Sit with us." she told the blonde quiet boy who smiled back awkwardly and looked around, noticing that their wasn't any free seats available. "Oh, you can sit next to Stiles." Allison told him.  "Stiles, scoot over a bit." she said but Stiles wasn't paying them any attention. Actually, he hadn't paid attention to anything that had been happening, too preoccupied by his history test he needed to study for. "Stiles? Stiles!"

"What?" he asked, snapping his head up when he realised someone was talking to him.

"Can you scoot over so that he can sit down?" Allison said as she pointed to the new student.

"Oh, sorry, yeah sur-" he said, looking up at the blonde only to stop talking. This caught the attention of the pack who watched him stare at the blonde for a second as the other boy was doing the same with wide eyes. "Newt?!"

"Thomas?!" the two exclaimed at the same time. They two stared at each other for a while longer to the astonishment of everyone else who didn't understand what was happening.

"No," Stiles muttered, shaking his head as he looked at the blonde, panicked, boy. "No, no, no!" he said, looking around them and standing up in a hurry, confusing the pack. "You can't be here, Newt! What are you doing here?!"

"Going to school!" Newt exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here. This is my home town." he replied, grabbing his hair in frustration. "This is not happening, please tell me this is a joke." he mumbled to himself. "From all the places you could have chosen, Newt, you chose this one."

"It's not my fault!" the blonde told him with a frown on his face. He didn't like the way Thomas had worded that, it sounded like an accusation, as if the blonde had done this on purpose. He would never do anything like that. Stiles looked up, seeing the hurt on the blonde's face and sighed, stepping forward and bringing the teenager into an embrace.

"I know, I know," he whispered, kissing his hair. "I'm sorry." Newt shook his head, a sign that Stiles understood as an it's fine and kissed his head once more before pulling away.

"It's going to start all over again, isn't it?" Newt asked, looking down at his feet. "I don't want to go through any of that ever again, Tommy."

"You won't." Stiles said. "I'm here, remember?" the blonde smiled softly back at him and Stiles felt bad for the boy. He didn't deserve to go through this, he didn't deserve to have his life ruin by little shits like ratman. He deserved to be happy. They deserved to be happy.

"Can someone please tell me what is going on?" Isaac asked, butting into their conversation. "Because I'd like to know if I'm gonna have to fight someone or not."

"This doesn't concern you, Isaac." Stiles told him, rolling his eyes at the wolf and wondering why he was yet again wearing that awfull scarf of his in such a weather.

"Good. 'Cause I really didn't want to have to save your ass yet again." the wolf replied with a fake smile and Stiles glared at him.

"Stop lying to yourself, you never saved anyone in your damn life." Stiles spat back and it was Isaac's turn to give him a dirty look.

"Fuck you, Stilinski."

"Back off, that's my job." Newt said, stepping closer to Stiles and wrapping his arm around his waist. The pack blinked in astonishment at that while Isaac was glancing between the two of them repeatedly.

"Bold of you to assume you'll do the fucking, love." Stiles said with an amused smile and Newt looked back at him, mischief filling his gaze.

"Bold of you to assume I won't, darling." he replied sweetly and Stiles's smile slowly faded, his gaze intensifying and his bottom lip getting caught between his teeth. That mental image his brain kindly provided him with had just made him horny on another level.

"Don't tempt me, gorgeous," Stiles said lowly. "we have important matter to deal with at the moment." he pulled the blonde flush against his chest, his hand sneaking under his shirt.

"Like what?" Newt teased with a smile and Stiles pecked his lips before replying.

"Like the man that is about to shoot at us." he announced before grabbing the gun tucked in the blonde's pants and shooting a clean shot to the head at the man that was about to kill them. Shouts were heard from inside the school where every students were and had heard the gunshot. The pack was standing there with wide eyes as they couldn't believe their eyes. The couple started to walk away, unbothered by the dead man lying a few meters away, but stopped in their tracks and turned around towards the pack. "Well? Don't just stand there, come on." and after shaking themselves out of their stupor, they all made their way back to the loft together without asking any questions.

"I missed you, darling."

"I missed you too."