Chapter 12

Christmas as the Bonham Carter residence was as she promised and more than you could ever imagine. Helena made such an effort. The decorations were spectacular and the whole experience was warming just like Christmas was meant to be.

She took two weeks off work which corresponded with your university break. This time was relaxing. No press. No work. And certainly no Tim. Hot chocolates were made, hugs were gave and love was exchanged. You and Helena went to Christmas Markets together and no one questioned it. Why would they? You were "dating" Billy Burton. This was just an innocent heartwarming trip with the woman who gave birth to him. No one had reason to suspect otherwise.

"It's so magical" you said as your eyes widened at the beautiful city of London at Christmas. "Beautiful isn't it my love" she smiled, as you both walked down Oxford Street, your arms linked together as you secretly held Helena's hand in your pocket. You went to so many different stalls ran by people who treated the pair of you as old friends. Before you knew it, it was Christmas Eve which was spent walking around Primrose Hill before stopping off at Helena's local cafe to get lunch.

"Chin chin" she giggled, as you clinked glasses overlooking Belsize. Tim had eventually accepted the fact that Nell and Billy would be staying with Helena for Christmas however he did ask for them to fly over to America on Boxing Day which Helena accepted. "Divorce is a strange thing Y/N" she explained. "It's how much love you can feel for someone despite how much you dislike them. Strange" she said, raising her eyebrows before sipping her drink. "Best be off anyway. We also have traditions that need to be seen to" she grinned, as you followed her excitedly to the house.

The evening was spent with you all snuggled on the couch, watching Christmas classics. Billy had his head rested on Helena's shoulder and Nell was snuggled into your chest. It ended with you all stood in Helena's garden, waiting and watching for the jolly old fat man with rosy cheeks and a sleigh pulled by reindeer. Helena's garden was beyond magical especially at night. The moonlight rested on the lawn, highlighting the blades of grass and the baby pink flowers that hid amongst the bushes. Helena had Nell rested on her hip as the four of you stared into the dark night sky. "Where is he, Mama?" she questioned. "He must be on his way" she said with a spark of excitement forming in her voice. "However, he won't come if we aren't all sleeping my darling" she giggled, softly kissing the top of the young girls head.

"Bill, can I steal Y/N for a second" Helena whispered as you were both heading to bed. "Fine" he replied, as you followed Helena. "I'll be up in a short while" you smiled to Billy as he headed upstairs. "I needed some time alone with my girl" she giggled, stroking your head ever so gently. "Now, this is one of my all time favourites" she smiled as you buried your face into her chest. "All you need is love.. dooby dooby doo" she sang, adorably. She definitely was the sweetest human you'd ever laid eyes upon. Love Actually was also one of your favourites. Another thing you both could share.

"I do miss him" she smiled weakly. referencing to the late Alan Rickman. They had starred in many movies together. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Harry Potter, Alice In Wonderland. The golden trio. Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman. "He was such a kind soul Y/N. So misunderstood yet so wonderful. I used to find him so forbidding before I knew him. He truly was and is an extraordinary man gone too soon" she sighed. "Oh Hels" you said, holding her. "It just makes you realise how old we're all getting Y/N.. how life can be taken at the drop of a penny"

"Ssshhh" you said, as you cuddled into her. You were well aware of your age difference. How one day - you'd have to live in a world without her. You ended the evening watching It's a Wonderful Life. It was such a classic from the time when movies were simply black and white. Candles flickered as the clock soon struck midnight. "Merry Christmas my love" she whispered as your thoughts became clouded with her signature Chanel scent. The tree lights twinkled, shining their light onto the presents below.