Chapter 3

The picture above is Stephanie. 

Not edited.

~~~

Radiance's POV

I inhale sharply as I register his words: "Mate." Just looking at him I knew they were true. There was no other way to describe the deep connection I already felt towards him.

"She's your mate?" Dominic's words cause me to whip my head towards him. I watch as a second of devastation registers on his face before it disappears. In that moment I felt slightly bad for him.

"Yes, she is my mate," Noah answers, turning his head in Dominic's direction, a firm expression on his face.

It felt as though they stared at each other for minutes, but in reality, it was only several seconds and I assumed they were talking to each other telepathically. They don't even seem to notice me when I walk right up to them because they are still staring at each other intently. You would think they would be about to start making out if you didn't know any better.

"Um, hello?" With no answer, I speak again: "Well, as much as I enjoy being wounded and in pain, I would appreciate it if someone could please point me in the direction of a healer, or at least a first aid kit before my injury gets even more infected then it probably is." I comment sarcastically, smirking as the boys finally turn their heads in my direction.

I watch as Noah's jaw drops as he takes in my womanly features more appreciatively now that I am a lot closer. Starting at my face, he takes in my eyes before his gaze travels downward. His eyes rest a little too long on my chest before taking in my slightly curvaceous body and coming to a stop on my wounded leg.

There is a noticeable large jaw mark on my leg, similar to one you would find on a person who had just been attacked by a shark. Blood was still seeping out quickly as we speak, dripping down my leg and to the ground, staining the dirt. I grit my teeth in an attempt to hide how much it is killing now that the adrenaline of the chase has worn off.

Without any warning, Noah's brown pools turn a shade of black as rage overcomes his features, a deep growl exerting from his throat. His act of dominance causes me to shy away, whimpering while I look at the ground, timid. I slowly look up through my lashes, ready to witness a display of anger, only to see his expression soften as he, cautiously, takes the last few steps separating us. 

Placing his hand underneath my chin he lifts it up so I'm staring straight into his eyes and can see that there is no ill intent directed at me. "I'm sorry I scared you, Angel. I wasn't growling at you, but more so the bastard that did this to you." He places a stray piece of my dirty blonde hair behind my ear, before turning towards the other wolves that I'd forgotten were still surrounding us. "How come no one told me she was fucking injured?"

His unjust anger presents itself in me, but whilst his anger is towards the others, mine is towards him. "It wasn't their fault!" I snap at him, furious. "If you're going to point fingers at somebody you should probably take a look at yourself. If you'd taken two seconds out of you're staring contest with Dominic, you probably would have noticed yourself, Noah." It was a huge pet peeve of mine when people got angry at others who had done nothing wrong. 

The next words out of his mouth shocked me. "Sexy," He comments huskily, his eyes shining with delight.

"What?" I reply, really confused.

"My name coming out of your mouth, it's sexy. That and your anger." He shrugs nonchalantly.

Rolling my eyes at his comment I turn to the four wolves. "I know I'm probably stepping out of line by saying this, but guys, it's not your fault. Noah here just doesn't know how to take responsibility for his own ignorance." I smile politely at them. "Noah, do you think it is okay if they leave us now that they're no longer needed?"