17

"Hey" almost in a faint sound like to not disturb her juliana said theirs hands resting on her stomach.

The shiny brown orbs juliana used to love because of the way they looked at her shifted in a matter of second becoming so blank like there were no one inside making the fortress she had built around her so higher that she couldn't get a hold of her through it.

Knowing it was her doing, her heart tightened in a way that had her chest felt like bricks of stones were pilled on it, blinking the beautiful eyebrows that used to have the young woman in awe, Juliana sighed defeat slipping under her skin her eyes still searching in some kind of reaction from the young woman.

It was like a spell was broken all of a sudden, Eleanor gaze left the woman eyes, the ones she used to dream about all night and day, in fact for once she could see her like the person she was, another human being for whom she felt no emotions, she couldn't even hate her to the point. She was drained like an empty vessel just there, occupying the space.

A bit afraid by the way Eleanor was looking at her like she wasn't even there or forgetting that she was hungry the older woman shook her hand to get her attention at the sound the belly did, even then it was like touching something cold she remembered how her skin used to vibrate at her touch, which wasn't there anymore saddening her.

" Your food Elli, Elli..."

At the sound of her nickname getting out of her mouth, the young woman blinked several times then shook her head like to kick herself out of a bad dream before staring back in her eyes this time in a most normal way.

"Yoy have to eat hmm?" Nodding at her arched eyebrows to her Eleanor moved her front to let her help.

Arranging her pillow behind her back Juliana straightened her posture for her to be more in a good position. Letting her do the young woman humming the odor of the food looked at it almost making grabbing hands but her foot that was neatly placed in the cast didn't allow her to reach it.

"There." Smiling at her baby like manners the older woman leaned towards the table to take the trays.

Placing the trays on her lap, she did her best to hide he sadness she felt, her eyes only taking in how she engulfed her meals starting by the Pizza appreciative sounds escaping her mouth, reminding her boss another place with the same sounds, shaking her head aware it wasn't the time to have that kind of thoughts she cleared her throat her hand now on it her finger tracing patterns on it, something she like to do when she felt awkward.

Following her move Eleanor rolled her eyes not even trying to figure out what made her nervous then froze looking down at her siblings who was doing their best to let her eat for once totally concentrated on the TV even though the heart was on the food, they both knew she would give them if they looked her way but they also needed her more than foods.

They already made a deal to let her eat as much as need for her to be strong enough to get back on her feet. Paula knew sometimes her sister would let them eat while she had nothing for herself, making it a miracle she did it so far without being ill.

She herself tried that sometimes for her younger brother and knew it was difficult to hold herself from eating. Her sister was her model in so many ways they both wanted her to be alright.

"Guys there's a lot more for one person... Come on... you can eat... Ask Mrs Harris she...." Taunting them Eleanor called them getting their attention but they shook theirs heads negatively eyes darting briefly on her tray then at each others  but resisting to the temptation.

"Juliana..." The insisting gaze her boss gave her after she said Mrs Harris combined with her siblings looking at them made her gave in. Making a note to address it later, for what she knew they wasn't friends.