Chapter 10

Here's your update!!

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY!!?" I shouted at Kartik, I'm pretty sure everyone in the east wing has heard me

" Calm down Naira" Kartik tried to hold me, but I pushed him away and sat on the bed.

He bent to my level and forced me to look at him, his dark eyes staring into mine. I can feel my anger melting away and being replaced with tears, I hate it when this happens.

" You know the faster we do it, the early you can go to your earth" Kartik said softly as he caressed my cheek.

I looked at him, I was enjoying myself here that I forgot for a moment that I don't belong here.

However, I nodded to his statement and wiped my tears.

" Ok fine, I'll marry you by the end of this week" I agreed to his proposal after throwing a huge tantrum.

He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes,
" If it were not for the war, I would have proposed you properly" he said and went away

Now what the hell was that supposed to mean?

I was shocked yesterday, when he told me about Francesca. I was about to go out of my room when I saw the maids coming in with the Queen, I immediately stood up and bowed to her.

She ordered the maids to wait outside while she talked to me.

" We're arranging a ball tomorrow evening, to introduce you to some high officials and ministers" she said

I was not sure what to say, be happy about it, that a bunch of strangers are coming to see me, the human specimen

" That would be great" came a voice from behind

I averted my gaze and saw Francesca coming in, she literally hugged the Queen and the Queen returned her hug. But my blood boiled when I saw her.

" Hello Naira!" She said sweetly

" Hello Francesca" I replied, biting my tongue.

" It's awesome you're here, please help Naira to select her gown for the ball" The Queen instructed Francesca

" Umm...no, it's totally fine" I tried to deny

" It's fine, you need the help after all" Francesca said as she came near me and hugged me and whispered in my ear, " you lowly human".

I was enraged by now, that no sooner the Queen went out, I pushed her away.

" Stay away from me" I threatened her

" Looks like you know everything, did Kartik spill everything? " She said with a smile

" So, what about it?" I asked casually

" Don't get your hopes high" She whispered and went out to call someone.

Seriously, she's so messed up, people up here are no different from the Earth.

After sometime, Francesca called me in the living room to see the gowns, When I went downstairs, I was surprised to see so many dresses put on display, but one specific dress immediately attracted me. It was bronze-brownish in colour, it looked perfect.

I was about to ask for the dress when Francesca ordered the maids to keep a red coloured dress in my room and clear the rest of it.

" Keep up to the standards Naira" Francasca said to me.

I'm pretty she just wants me to look like a clown in the ball.

Vote.Comment.Share.

~Ellen⚡