Chapter Sixteen

Last chapter?

It's ending

Feels weird, I've never finished a fic before

Is it weird that I feel sad?

---

"Lila Rossi, you will be hearing from my lawyers."

Wait, record scratch. Stop.

This is a bad place to start, Marinette was getting ahead of herself. But who could blame her? This was her dream come true.

And to think it started with her tripping over her own two feet.

Marinette couldn't argue with the results though.

"Watch it Mari-trash!" Alya scowled, shoving Marinette to the side so she could walk by.

Marinette rolled her eyes. She could feel Jason going into protective big brother mode (older by a minute but still her big brother).

Alya didn't seem to notice the four sets of eyes trying to burn a hole into her tacky ombre hair.

"Marinette?" Came a sleepy voice from the dining room. As they entered, Marinette noticed Tim, half conscious behind a computer

"Hey Timmy!" Marinette bounded forward and pulled the half asleep boy into a crushing hug.

"Nice to...see--" Tim was cut off by the sound of his head smacking against the table. He had fallen asleep.

A small cheer came from Jason as Dick handed him a wad of cash.

"Damn it, Mari! You're like magic! Tim was supposed to hold out for another day so I could win!" Dick frowned.

Marientte shot him an amused look before gently prying Tim's computer away from the sleeping boy. It was difficult, Tim was clutching that thing like a teddy bear.

"Maybe you guys should refrain from betting on your brother's health." Marinette said.

"Oh, please Bug. You've gone longer without sleeping and you didn't say anything when we bet on you." Chloé crossed her arms, a smirk pulling at her lips.

"Don't tell them my secrets!" Marinette wailed, finally retrieving Tim's laptop and letting Alfred take it from her.

"The only secret you have is that you're a huge bully Marinette!" Lila, speaking for the first time since she found out Marinette was practically a Wayne, grinned triumphantly.

Jason's grin turned feral. He was going to enjoy destroying this one. But he couldn't say anything yet, that wasn't part of the plan.

"Marinette? My darling sister? A bully?" Dick gasped dramatically. Marinette had barely known him for a few days and she could already tell he had a flair for the dramatics.

Marinette smiled at Dick. He called her his sister. She was family.

It felt good to be a part of a real family.

"Yeah!" Alix yelled, shoving her way forward. "Marinette's been bullying Lila for years!"

Oh Kwami, they couldn't even wait until they had all had brunch first to start the drama?

"And why should we believe anything that Rossi says?" Damian cut in, his voice was sharp.

Alix flinched under his glare. But only slightly. This kid scared her.

"I-I'm sorry!" Lila chose this moment to wail, tears streaming down her face. "I d-didn't want to c-cause any t-t-trouble for M-Mr. Wayne s-so I didn't want to bring it up!"