Chapter Seven

The Ivy Botanical Gardens were beautiful.

Everywhere Marinette looked she was struck by inspiration. And with her friends beside her, it was hard not to feel giddy and excited.

"Red Hood! Come check out these Cattails!" Adrien called out. "They're paws-itively purrfect!"

Marinette laughed at the name--the group decided to call each other the names of the vigilantes they were dressed as for fun--and walked over to where Adrien was sitting by the pond, smiling giddily. He beamed at her from the grass as she crouched beside him.

Marinette was hit with inspiration and began sketching out a new design. A pale green dress with flowy sleeves and small lily pads all over. The sleeves were made of tool, meant to be light and flowy. Beside the dress, Marinette sketched a hair clip with two Cattails going out of the top in a V shape.

"Well, Robin. I think this might just be the best place I've ever been to." Marinette joked.

Beside her, Adrien grinned, showing off all his teeth in a blinding smile. Marinette pretended to shield her eyes and yelp.

"Robin! Red Hood! We are here to help! Where is the trouble?" Kim trounced over, once again posing dramatically.

"Batman! Robin's trying to blind me!" Marinette shot up and wailed.

Adrien gasped in mock hurt and jumped up. "Snitches get stitches, Hood!" He tackled her to the ground. The two rolled around for a minute with Kim calling out bets.

"Kim, why are Adrien and Marinette on the ground?" Chloé walked over to stand by Kim.

"Who is this Kim you speak of? I am Batman!"

Chloé rolled her eyes at Kim (who was posing again).

"Nightwing! Batman!" Nino yelled out and ran over from where he had been arguing with Alya.

"Red Robin! Get this fiend off me!" Marinette screeched, who was now standing. Adrien was holding onto her leg for dear life.

"I do not take orders from you, criminal!" Nino announced.

"I am not a criminal! I'm a vigilante with obvious daddy issues!" Marinette called out and wiggled her leg to get Adrien off. His grip tightened.

Chloé laughed and crouched down next to Adrien.

"Robin, off."

Adrien immediately released Marinette and jumped up to stand by her.

"What exactly is going on here?" Dick Grayson said, strolling up to them. He had another boy with him.

He looked...familiar.

"We're vigilantes!" Kim beamed. And as if all of them were part of one mind (at this point they might as well be) the five of them all posed dramatically.

Marinette and Adrien were back to back, she had her hands pointed like guns in the air. Adrien was crossing his arms and grinning. Kim stood behind them with his hands on his hips. In front of Adrien was Chloé, she had her hands poised like she was ready to fight and was kneeling on one knee beside Nino. Nino had his arms flexed dramatically in front of him and was squatting.

Dick snorted at the group. They looked ridiculous posing like that.

But Marinette wasn't focused on him.

She was staring at the boy beside him. Just like Dick, he had black hair--but it had a bluish tint to it and a white tuft in front.. He had a few freckles over his nose, just like Marinette. His eyes were a bluebell shade and were fixed on her.