Chapter Nine

Sorry I Haven't updated for a couple days! I was reallyyyyy busy.

Anywayy...presenting chapter nine!

---

Twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Jason had twenty minutes to find and bring the picture to Marinette.

But he couldn't find it.

Because Dick still had the picture.

And Dick wasn't home.

"Bruce! Where's Dick?" Jason was racing towards the oldest Wayne. "He's not in his room and I need to get something from him!"

Bruce looked unfazed by Jason, who hadn't changed out of his Red Hood suit yet.

"Dick's on patrol, he wanted to check everything out after the whole Scarecrow incident."

Jason flinched, seeing his sister injected with fear toxin was terrifying. When she had screamed out his name, Jason wanted to throw up. It was his fault she was seeing him. If he hadn't gone after Joker that day, he would have been able to find her sooner.

And she wouldn't have seen his dead body.

"Well I need to talk to him!" Jason was panicking now, he only had twenty minutes.

"And we need to talk." Bruce gestured for Jason to follow him into the sitting room.

"What? B, this is important! It's about--"

"Your sister, I know."

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no--

"That's what we need to talk about. Why you were keeping her hidden for six years?"

Well, this wasn't good. Bruce sounded seriously miffed.

Maybe Jason could speed this along? He would talk to Bruce, find Dick, and get the picture to Marinette. He could do it.

"I wouldn't say I kept her hidden, I mean, I didn't really know where she was either." Jason tugged at his jacket nervously.

Bruce looked unimpressed. "Why? Where has she been?"

Paris, apparently.

"Um, France?"

Bruce blinked at his son, folding his arms across his chest. "Excuse me?" He said.

"We were separated a few months before you adopted me and she was taken to Paris. I don't know why or how, that's why I need to leave right now to find Dick."

Bruce sighed, "We're finishing this conversation later." He waved Jason off.

Jason shot up and raced away, calling out "Thanks, B!" as he ran.

He checked his watch, 11:47 am. 6 minutes left.

That wasn't enough time.

Shit.

Jason climbed up the nearest building and raced across the rooftops, heading for Dick's usual patrol sector.

"Di--Nightwing!" Jason called out, practically tackling his adoptive brother.

"Hey, Hood! How'd the talk go?" Nightwing said and grinned at Jason.

"Shut up! I need the picture!" Jason yelled frantically.