Chapter Two

Marinette was 12 when Jason died.

She was 13 when she met Kim and Nino and later Chloé.

She was 14 when she became Ladybug and met her partner, Chat Noir. A few months later she enlisted the help of Queen Bee, King Monkey, and Carapace. Her team.

Later, before they revealed their identities, when Chloé had wanted to show off to Marinette and revealed her identity, Chloé had to change her look and become Monarch.

So the newly dubbed Monarch, Carapace, King Monkey, and Chat Noir fought with Ladybug, working to defeat Hawkmoth.

Marinette was 14 and 6 months when she met Alya Césaire, who proclaimed herself to be Marinette's best friend. She was wrong, Jason would always be her best friend. Even if he was gone.

Marinette was 15 when she finally worked up the courage to ask Chloé on a date. The ravenette gave her a white purse with the words: "will you go out with me?" embroidered in gold on the under flap (she said yes). Chloé wore the purse everyday.

She was still 15 when Lila Rossi came to school.

And Marinette was 16 when Lila attempted to destroy her life. Jokes on Lila, you can't destroy something that's already broken.

That day Marinette had walked into school as normal, holding hands with Chloé and smiling brightly. Ever since they started dating, Chloé had helped Marinette become more punctual. And having your girlfriend waiting outside of your home with a couple of steaming coffees is definitely a good incentive.

But then that happiness shrivelled up into a a small ball.

"Marinette! How could you!"

Uh...what?

Chloé's grip tightened on her girlfriend's hand. Despite the heiress's apathetic attitude, she cared a lot for her girlfriend.

"What's going on?" Marinette looked at a red faced Alya and a crying Lila.

"What's going on? What's going on is that you attacked Lila yesterday, girl!" Alya screeched, marching forward to grab Marinette. But before Alya could touch the ravenette, two boys stepped in front of her, effectively blocking her way.

Nino and Kim were always there to protect their friend. Even against other people that they cared about.

"Back off, Alya." Alya gaped at her boyfriend. Why would Nino defend a bully? Especially against his own girlfriend!

Kim glowered at Lila, whose tears had magically disappeared. It was almost like they were never real in the first place.

Marinette shifted uncomfortably before taking a step towards her self proclaimed "best friend".

"What are you talking about, Alya? Why would I attack Lila?" Her voice was empty, tired. Over the past few months since Lila's return, the liar had only expanded her lies, turning Alya and more against the ravenette.

Alya fumed, attempting to take another step forward, but was once again blocked by Kim's hulking figure.

"Because you're jealous! Because of your crazy obsessive crush on Adrien!"

Speak of the devil, Adrien chose that moment to walk through the door, passing a disgusted looking Chloé.

"Mari's what? I thought she was dating Chloé?" Adrien, bless his oblivious heart, had no idea what was going on. The boy had only recently joined the Marinette Protection Squad but was trying his best to make sure his bug was safe. The group's intelligence had yet to rub off on him.