୨୧ Chapter Eight ୨୧

︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Athy peered over the edge of a stone, overlooking the two boys. She arrived just in time to see their soft kiss and Lucas walking away.

"Ahh, Lucaaaaas my child don't cry," she whispered. Lucas might be a powerful wizard, but he still feared rejection and overthought stuff. This had definitely not been in her plans for the bushwalk, but thankfully, Jeanette had included a backup. Shaking her head, Athanasia returned to the motel and got ready to initiate Plan B. Half an hour later, she heard the rush of water coming from upstairs, which was probably one of the boys taking a shower.

Ijekiel stood frozen in shock after Lucas's departure. Running his hand through his silver hair and taking a deep breath, he shrugged and decided to return back to head back. Looking around him, he could tell it was already past midday by now. Retracing his steps, he ended up at the point where the trio had started. Pushing open the door to the room, he saw Athy's neatly folded clothes on her bed, confirming that she had already arrived. Nothing, however, indicated Lucas' presence. Ijekiel couldn't help but feel a tiny bit relieved. Stepping into the bathroom, he decided to take a shower to wash off all the dirt from today.  As he exited the bathroom, he was welcomed with a not so happy surprise. A note from Athy, written in her long cursive handwriting.

The note read:

"Dear Ijekiel,

I know Lucas means a lot to you.

However, as you probably know he is a little hurt. I know you regret and are confused about what you did, but that is ok.

Lucas told me that he's going to leave to go on a mission tomorrow. Probably to get away from you if I'm honest. Sorry if that was a bit harsh. Anyway, he mentioned that he is going to be packing his items up either tonight while we sleep or while you are gone.

I offered for Lucas and me to go and get ice cream to cheer him up. If you are reading this right now, please do not come. It will only make the situation a little worse. I advise that you go and meet him at Wliver Crave Lake because that is where Lucas is going. He said he will depart at 12:16 am, probably because that is the time most people are asleep.

Damn emo.

Regardless, I hope you and Lucas can recover your relationship.

Sincerely,

Athanasia"

Ijekiel felt his whole body go rigid with panic. The clock that hung on the wall read 5:00 pm. He had seven hours before Lucas left. What should he do??? Get a gift? Some flowers??? A new robe??? No. Lucas hadn't cared for any of that before so why would he now? Ijekiel knew they just had to talk. Or maybe not talk. Just be with each other, and be able to feel each other's energy and aura.

It was 9:37 pm. Ijekiel had been mentally preparing for around 4 hours. He decided to leave the room in order for Lucas to get his stuff. Ijekiel also needed dinner and a shiit ton of coffee if he was going to stay awake all night looking for Lucas. He was literally as nervous as a kid would be excited to find Santa under the Christmas tree putting gifts. 

After drinking down three cups of coffee made by Clara as well as some steak for dinner, he took a small walk outside. The moonlight shone through onto the streets and the wind blew past his worried face. Ijekiel noticed a small wooden bench on the side of a road and collapsed onto it, head in hands. Wliver Crave Lake...He had previously asked Clara where it was and assumed Lucas would be portalling from there to where his mission was. When Ijekiel arrived, he could see Lucas on a nearby tree, chanting some sort of gibberish. It was probably some mystical language, but to Ijekiel, it just sounded like gibberish. Plus he was far away and couldn't really hear it. From what he heard it sounded like: