୨୧ Chapter Seven ୨୧

︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Athy woke up, still angry at the boys from yesterday's incident. Taking a great number of pans and pots from Clara's kitchen, she crept back upstairs, drew the curtains back apart and started to bang the utensils together to wake the two up.

"IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS" she shouted, finally putting the pans aside. Ijekiel rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Hey, you didn't have to wake us up like that," he said, frowning. Catching sight of Lucas beside him, equally disgruntled at the way they had been woken up by, he remembered what had happened the night before and blushed, hiding his face. Lucas raised an eyebrow, asking, "What, did you dislike yesterday's kiss that much?", causing Ijekiel to blush even more. Athy grinned and went downstairs to receive Jeanette's reply to a letter she had sent last night. (Yes it would take much longer to receive a reply but let's just pretend the postal service here is really fast)

Jeanette had been delighted at the news of their first kiss, even though they weren't officially dating, it was still a start. She had quickly replied with a plan that would definitely end with the boys confessing. Athy was slightly shocked at the quick and cunning thinking of her innocent cousin...oh well, the plan sounded good, so who was she to judge? The plan was simple-

1) Take the boys out for the walk they missed out on yesterday, 2) make sure you disappear from the boy's sight and leave them alone (also make sure you can still see everything that is happening 3) wait and see :)

And that was exactly what Athy was going to do today. There were two more weeks to their holidays and she was determined to get them together.

It was 10:15 am when the trio went to go on the walk. For the first time in forever, Athy wore pants. It was utterly uncomfortable but she needed to hide in a tree and she wouldn't want one of her precious dresses to get caught. As they entered the forest, she started to look for a good place to hide, as well as a romantic waterfall place for them to be left alone. A few minutes later, she could hear the quiet gurgling of the water nearby and grinned. Yes, this was the perfect place for the two of them to spend some "alone" time together. Smiling cheerfully, she announced, "I'm going to go search for some picnic spots so we can have a break."

The boy's hesitantly watched Athy walk away. It seemed like she was meaning to leave them all alone. I mean she was, she wasn't really sneaky when it comes to her plan. However, somehow it always worked so the boys gave her some credit for that. 

Ijekiel shuffled his feet together awkwardly. "I guess it's just you and me, then," he whispered quietly. Lucas shook his head, "Knowing Athy she's probably somewhere around here, spying on us." Damnit- with Athanasia here, it was going to be so much harder to talk. The two tried to make their way around the forest. While they were doing so Athy was attempting to jump from tree to tree for the first time in forever. She was so confident to jump from the first tree to the second until of course she got stuck in a branch and decided to just follow them quietly by foot.

The boys were moving quickly and they didn't stop until Lucas could no longer sense Athy's presence. They were smack bang in the middle of the forest. It seemed like Athy had inhabited the whole forest but there. The centre of the forest was literally a scene in a fairytale. It had overgrown oak trees surrounding the boys, with lilac flowers by their feet. The sun was shining like a spotlight and the birds had fallen silent once the first word was said.

"Lucas, I-"

Said boy raised his hand in front of Ijekiel to make him stop.

"No. Before you say anything, I just want you to know. I ate the last slice of pizza last week."

Ijekiel blinked. "Are you serious? I wanted that slice so much!!! How could you!"

*ijekiel dramatically fell onto the grass, just like someone from theatre would do.*

The two boys laughed together,

"Anyway, let's get back to the real reason I wanted to get anyway from Athy," Lucas muttered, taking a deep breath.

Ijekiel's eyes gazed over Lucas. He could tell how nervous and uncomfortable he was. Ijekiel thought he knew what Lucas was about to say but he could be sure. So he decided to wait and see what Lucas would say.

"You most likely don't think the same way about me, but whenever I look into your eyes I see hope. I see something and feel something I have never felt before. It is kinda like warmth, maybe even love. No, no, no! What I am saying is stupid! Why would I feel like this? Plus I'm not even meant to like you. For god sake why do I feel like this!"

.

.

.

Ijekiel said nothing. He was astonished. He just stood there in utter disbelief. Did Lucas just confess to him?

Before Lucas could say anything else Ijekiel suddenly came forward and embraced Lucas.

"I feel the same way. I like you as well Lucas." Ijekiel stared into Lucas' eyes. Once again they were centimetres apart. Their faces moved closer together until their vision started to become blurry and all they could see was the glowing colours in each other's eyes. Their lips slowly brushed against each other, leaving both in a slight daze after what just happened a few seconds before. Was it true that they both liked each other? Lucas slowly backed away.

"I-I'm sorry-" His red eyes glowed with tears threatening to spill. Turning around, he hastily turned around and walked back into the tall wide forest. Ijekiels mouth opened and closed, no words coming out. He stood there, wondering what he had done wrong. 

A/N- thankyou for 500 views! <333 Last chapter comes next ^-^

︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.