!Chapter 9!

AHHH IM SO SORRY!!!! I forgot that I was writing this- 

----

"Wait, I can sleep on the couch, it's no problem!" I slightly raise my voice, it was all raspy and rough from the sleepiness. 

He looked at me and sighed. "Y/n..just take the bed." I pouted and crossed my arms. 

"And if I refuse?" I ask inviting him to a battle of perseverance. 

.

.

.

We stared at each other for quite a while before I finally gave in.

 "Okay fine but you have to comply with my demands then." He honestly looked a little shocked then looked down and smirked. 

"And what might those demands be?" He asked daringly raising his head up to make eye contact with me. 

I have so much homework to do😨 anywayss Timeskippp

"I can't believe I agreed to this..." Benimaru mumbled under his breath but loud enough that I could hear him. I was on one side of the bed and he was on the other. We were faced away from each other as we attempted to sleep. Though I knew this would be utterly impossible, but I didn't want him to sleep on the couch. 

I tossed and turned all night, but very carefully as to not wake Benimaru up. 

Time skip to 2 am

I laid there motionless and a bunch of random thoughts flooded my head. 'Should I be doing this? It's not like this is an assassination mission, it's just to watch over to make sure they don't try to betray the Kingdom.' My thoughts interrupted  when I heard a voice speak groggily

"Are you going to bed or not?" I slightly jumped. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." He then began to sit upward and started to rub his eyes. 

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked sounding almost fully awake now. 

"Huh?" I sit up too and face towards him. 

"There's something bothering you right? Something weighing your mind down?" Oh he has no idea.  

"Oh, I uh..." I know that I'm not allowed to talk about it but something about the way he said it, made him sound genuinely concerned. I almost spilled it all out right then and there, but I can't talk about it. Besides he's sworn his loyalty to Rimuru so if I was to tell him then the whole mission would be ruined. 

He kept looking at me waiting for a response when I just hung my head down not daring to look into his bright orange eyes. I began to fiddle with my fingers. 

Finished at 9:16pm Wednesday September 22nd 2021. Published at 9:20pm. Word count 442 words.