seventeen.

they count the days they have left. this is what happens on weekdays:

in the mornings, they wake up in each other's arms. brett cooks them breakfast and they eat it together. they laze around brett's apartment, eddy usually practicing around this time. sometimes, when hevs in the mood, brett tries to join in. 

at noon, they eat lunch and brett prepares for work. eddy always tags along, sometimes inviting sebastian over, making the coffee shop become livelier. 

in the afternoon, they spend their time in the coffee shop. they never run out of things to talk about, the four of them bonding even if half of them are supposed to be at work. it's all smiles and laughs, shared experiences and memories, never any regrets. it's all happy.

in the evenings, they part their ways, knowing they'll meet each other again. brett and eddy walk home side by side, under the starry night sky. it's a silent walk home, listening to their footsteps, to the crickets, to their hearts beating.

at night, they lay in the same bed, holding each other, as they say whatever comes to mind, unfiltered, without any hesitation. this is when they say the words they've been saying again and again. this is when they tell the things they might never be able to tell each other again. this is when they say their regrets, their disappointment, their apologies, and everything they've left unsaid. they say it all, till they fall asleep. 

every day they love, and in every day that passes, that love only grows more and more. it's unfortunate how their time is running out. 

on the weekdays, they go everywhere. they ride all the rides they can in the amusement parks. they try all the escape rooms they can find. they watch every movie at the cinema. they go to every shop in malls. they try all the weirdest bubble tea flavors and laugh at each other's reactions. they take pictures of where they go, of each other, capturing the memories they've created. 

when they're all tired and weary from the day, they find rest in each other's arms. 

each day with each other is worthwhile, and it passes all too quickly. 

when the day comes of eddy's departure, brett puts on his strongest face. he helps him carry his luggage, helps him check if he hasn't forgotten anything. he doesn't make it about him, or them, because it isn't. 

"how many bags did you have?" 

"three. two luggages and the backpack i have right now."

(he has enough "allowance'', or so he says, to buy new clothes instead of bringing them all.) 

"you brought your ipad?" 

"here."

"the chargers?" 

"they're here." 

"underwear?" 

"brett!" 

"just checking," he teases. 

"i wouldn't forget those." 

"sure. your books?" 

"have them." 

"toiletries?" 

"here." 

"you have your clothes of course." 

"mmhm." 

and some of yours, he doesn't say. 

"and everything else?" 

eddy checks, mumbling his mental checklist. "all here." 

"then we're all set. let's go to the airport?"