nine.

eddy visits brett a lot since he can. he visits every time he has more than 3 hours of free time. as a musician, maybe he never had any because he had to practice, but brett had a piano at his place, so he uses that excuse to visit him. if he didn't, well, he either passed by the coffee shop or he just texted brett. he's whipped, alright. 

he texts before he heads to brett's place, at first bringing some food or what as an offering. he brings bubble tea, ice cream, macca's, or whatever food he buys when he's on his way. brett always doesn't accept it at first, saying it's not necessary for eddy to bring food whenever he came by. they eat it together anyway. 

"you know you don't have to bring food, right?" brett says while munching on his burger. 

"yeah, but i just want to." 

"you're gonna make me all fat and chubby." 

"i'll become fat and chubby along with you. i'm eating just as much." 

"you're right. as long as it's with you, then i don't mind," brett says nonchalantly. eddy tries not to smile at his words. 

"am i getting fat already? you're staring." 

"ah, sorry. just thinking about an assignment." 

"don't come if you're busy, yeah? i don't wanna get in the way of your studies." 

"are you kicking me out? after i bring you food, too. how rude," eddy says jokingly. 

"you're right. here, you can take it and go," brett wraps his half-eaten burger and gives it to eddy as a joke, shooing him away. 

"thank you," eddy takes a big munch of the burger before pretending to leave. 

"hey! that was such a big bite," brett huffs childishly. 

"and don't go," 

"like i would," eddy chuckles, patting brett's head. 

"is there anything in particular you wanted to do today?" 

"have you picked up the violin again?" 

brett has. practiced for an hour a few days ago when eddy wasn't over. he wasn't texting him either and his shift was still in a few hours so he did. he was rusty, but with a bit more practice, he could be able to pick things up. 

"a bit," he replies. 

"can i hear? please?" eddy says with puppy-dog eyes. they're irresistible, so of course brett caves. 

"fine. but no promises that i'll sound great." 

"sure," eddy says while brett gets his violin. 

he plucks the strings to see its tuning and it sounds alright. he tightens his bow and puts rosin on it, maybe a little too much, thinking it might somehow make his playing even a little bit better. he puts on the shoulder rest and puts his violin on his shoulder and gets into playing position. he bows an open string a for good measure when eddy interrupts. 

"that's out of tune," he points out. 

"it's fine, kinda," brett says while playing the d and a strings together. 

"they're both a little flat. just a tiny bit," brett raises an eyebrow at him. 

"not to flex, but i have perfect pitch," eddy smirks while brett tunes his violin. he bows the four strings individually and eddy approves. 

"oh. yeah, not to flex," brett says mockingly and eddy rolls his eyes. 

"well, at least i have a tuner now. and don't mind my intonation, mr. perfect pitch."