Chapter 3-Experiment? (Photo of Elizabeth)

Chapter 3

Elizabeth’s POV:

‘Ow, how, ow, could I have, ow, let this, ow, happen, owwwwww?!??!?!?! Wow walking hurts again, cuz dang that hurt! How could I have been so stupid! I should’ve known he was just trying to get to me! How could I have been so stupid……’ Now I’m sitting in the gray, compact sheriff’s office at the local police station right next to Kent, and we are awaiting our punishment………..aka, how long our jail sentence will be. ‘how could I have been that stupid? Oh I know how, but at least Kent is in the same whole I’m in right now.

Right then Sheriff Bracken (bra-ken), walked through door with a sigh, “hello kids.”

“Hey, Uncle Bracken.” He sound like a little ki-wait, what did he just say ‘UNCLE’?? Are you f’ing kidding me?!?! He’s going to get out of this somehow and I would end up with life, or worse, sent back to my ‘dad’s’ house.

“I’m not your uncle right now, Kenton. I’m the sheriff and you are in trouble with the law.”

‘okay, so maybe I was wrong about this guy. He seems nice, and  fair….’

“So why don’t you two tell me exactly what happened.”

I was about to explain, but Kent decided to start, “Well she had dropped her bag on the football field, and I was looking for her wallet inside when she came back and started freaking out, and was yelling at me, when-“

“Woah, woah, woah!” I said cutting him off. Both sets of eyes turned to me. “Him and his friends were harassing me and I ran off and accidentally dropped my bag. When I came back to get it him and his friends were going through it on the bleachers, and he said that he was just looking for my wallet. He said that I owed him for keeping it safe. I told him it was hardly safe and that he could screw it. He got mad and was yelling at me, naturally I started yelling back, and he got so mad that he shoved me to the ground! My hood fell off, and I can’t stand not having it on. He lunged at me and I didn’t have enough self control to stop myself from attacking back. I think you know what happened after that.”

“Hey! When you say it like that I sound like a bad guy!”

“You are the bad guy you insuffer-“

“Alright, alright! Enough, back in your seats you two!” Hey, when did I stand up? “Well I think that Dr. Linchfield was correct. You will be the perfect candidates for his experiment."

Okay, not liking where this is going! “Experiment?”

“Ah yes, just a moment.” He got up and left the room.

I heard a soft voice, “This is all your fault you know.”

“And how exactly is that, huh? YOU’re the one who pushed ME!”

“One thing led to another, but it’s your fault because you shouldn’t even exist! You should’ve just not been born the world would be such a better place!!” We had started out whispering, but now we were yelling.

I lunged at him. I don’t care how much that hurt! I was going to make that b****** hurt more!! We were rolling around on the floor when the door slammed open and the sheriff and some other big guy pulled us off of each other, but we never lost eye contact and we never stopped glaring.

The big guy that was holding me back started laughing, “Yes, these two will be perfect, Jeremy.” The sheriff started chuckling too (so I guess his name is Jeremy), “Yes they’ll be perfect.”

Kent and I sit back down in our chairs, me with MUCH unseen difficulty, while the sheriff sits at his desk and Mr. Buff Dude stands next to him behind the desk like his right hand man. “Kids,” starts ‘Jeremy’, “you two are going to be part of a new psychiatric study.”

“What kind of study?”

“Kent, your such an idiot, he was going to explain if you didn’t cut him off!” My vocal cords are starting to hurt! I haven’t talked this much since…..well since before my sixth birthday.

“You’re the idiot! If you hadn’t opened your fat mouth, he would’ve just answered me!”

We had turned in our chairs and were leaning over the sides of them with our heads only about a foot apart, but we turned to the sheriff confusedly when he and buff dude started chuckling again. “What’s so funny?” I asked.

Buff dude answered this time, well tried to answer anyway, he was laughing so hard he was bent in half and couldn’t hardly breath, “y-y-you …..two!” When he finished he burst into another round of guffaws.

Kent the ‘genius’ he is, decided to keep the argument going, “How is anything funny when she’s involved. She’s like a grade ‘A’ depresser.”

“A ‘grade ‘A’ depresser’ really, Kent, really, your even dumber than I thought and that is saying something!”

I’m the dumb one? How does that work, huh? And at least my statement true! I actually am smart, but you are depressing! The way you talk, look, act, EVEVRYTHING ABOUT YOU IS LIKE A WALKING FUNERAL!!”

“Enough!” I had opened my mouth to reply, but I guess Mr. I’m-the-sheriff-so-I’m-so-much-better-than-you beat me to it. “Now would you please sit down in our seats?” Woah, again with the not-even-knowing-I-was-standing thing. “Alright. Now, Dr. Linchfield, would you please inform these two on what the rope-method is?”

“I’d be happy too.” Wow, Mr. Buff Dude is a doctor. Didn’t see that one coming. He still had a huge smile on his face and sounded like a kid talking about his favorite new toy as he explained, “Well, you’ll each wear one of these mechanical bracelets,” he held up some large white bracelets that look like handcuffs without the chains in the middle, “they act like a pair of handcuffs, but you can walk just a bit farther and you can have a closed door in between them, so that you can go to the bathroom and take showers in privacy and stuff. You’ll wear them for the next seven weeks, and on the Sunday morning before you’re supposed to go back to school, you’ll come to my office, and I’ll decide whether or not you’ve worked out your differences. If the differences have been worked out, you’ll slates will be wiped clean, you’ll go back to school; win, win for everybody, but if you don’t-“

Sheriff Bracken cut him off with his stone-cold voice, that would make a normal person shiver, in fact I’m the only one in the room that didn’t shiver when they heard it, “you’ll both go to jail for two years. You won’t get into your planned universities, and doubt you will ever get into a decent college or get any good jobs, in other words-“ he paused for dramatic effect, “if you fail to resolve the issues between each other, both of your lives will be ruined. Forever. Are we understood?”

Kent and I both mumbled a ‘yes, sir’, and a bracelet was snapped on each of our wrists and activated. I knew I couldn’t get them off and I wouldn’t have tried, but I can’t believe that perverted jock got me into this!

Oh gosh, what I am I going to tell my step-dad? He’s going to kill me for this. Literally.

Okay, not sure how long this will look on wattpad, but it’s more than 2 ½ pages on Word. Hope you guys like this, and don’t forget to VCF! (vote comment fan)