Chapter 1-A Few Things You Need To Know

Edited.

Chapter 1

Elizabeth’s POV: (sorry I forgot to put her name in the prologue, but that’s her name.)

“YOU LITTLE WHORE!” My adoptive ‘father’ yelled at me. The only reason this guy is a foster parent is because he wants someone to molest/rape without having to leave his own home, along with get the extra money for alcohol.

I whimpered as he hit me again, “YOU ARE SUCH A WORTHLESS PIG!! JUST GET OUT OF HERE! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU FOR AT LEAST A MONTH!!! IF I DO I’LL KILL YA! NOW OOOOOUTT!!!!!!!”

I stumbled to my feet and limped out of the house knowing his threat was in no way empty. I would just get some money out of my running bank account and use the cash in my pocket to get a motel room for the night. In the morning I would sneak in the house and get the stuff I needed for school and some extra clothes.

Some things you need to know about me: I trust NO ONE, because I have been beaten and tortured by people my entire life….well ever since I turned six, before that life was pretty perfect. The second thing, I am intelligent. I’m graduating from high school a year early and have already gotten a full scholarship to Harvard. I’m a loner in my school, of course. The big baggy clothing that hides my limp and ever-present bruises doesn’t exactly attract friends.

I’ve become skilled in the art of getting people to ignore me…..except for the annoying player of the school, Kent, who finds joy in getting under my skin and making fun of my hoodies, calling me ugly because why else would I wear a hood…….. if only he knew.