Chapter 12- Drowning (Picture of Kent)

Chapter 12-

Elizabeth’s POV:

“AHHHH,” my scream got cut off as the freezing water grasped me and pulled me under. I didn’t know what to do. I’d never been taught to swim and my boots were acting like anchors and pulling me straight to the bottom. Then there was the rib that was shooting pain everywhere as I frantically thrashed around in hopes of learning how to swim.

‘Maybe the God will have a small amount of mercy on me and not let drowning be my demise….or maybe it should be the way I go. I’ll be scared, but it’d be quick.’

Before I could think more about my crazy suicidal thoughts, the burning in my chest telling me that I was out of oxygen was all I could focus on. There wasn’t anything I could do but continue to thrash around.

I pried my eyes open to see if I my thrashing had worked and I was at all close to the surface, but as soon as they were open the heavy chlorine was inside of them. The new pain that I wasn’t used to scared my body and I gasped, which was the worst thing I could’ve done.

It took only a split second for me to realize what I’d done, and the lack of oxygen in my brain was obviously affecting my thoughts because I took a big gulp to try and get it back, but the bubbles of air were already reaching the surface by then and all that entered my lungs was a large gulp of water that burned my throat and lungs, seemingly going everywhere inside my body.

‘This is it,’ I told myself, ‘this is the way I go.’

And with no more thought than that, my body just couldn’t stay awake anymore. My arms and legs stopped thrashing, and my clenched eyes relaxed and just before I slipped into unconsciousness my parents, biological and foster alike, flashed before my eyes, my brother flashed before my eyes, my friends flashed before my eyes, my teachers, even Kent and his family.

And then I floated to the bottom.

Dead.

[A/N: NOT THE END! I know what I'm doing and this is not the end, I promise. Just bear with me for a lil while. I'm on vacation for two weeks, but I'm going to write the next chapter while I'm down there. It'll be up as soon as I get back, promise. =) Until then my lovelies]

comment vote love me hate me and most importantly: envy me for knowing where this is going ;)