Ripped Contracts and Happiness

My eyes flutter open and I roll over in my bed. Wow, I missed my bed a lot while being on tour.

I grab my phone and then immediately get onto Twitter. The first thing I see catches my eyes.

I click on a link that a fan tweeted me and then it takes me to an article about me and Shawn dissing our fans.

My jaw drops as I sit and gawk at the article. I look into it for a little while and then notice that it's also being sold in a bunch of magazines in stores. They even have a bunch of fake photoshopped tweets of Shawn and I being rude to fans.

I swiftly swing my feet over my bed and get up, walking over to Shawn's room.

I knock and then he answers the door. "Hey, what's up?"

I hand him my phone and he scrolls down, reading the article. "How-what-why?" he stutters. "How did this happen? Who did this?"

"I don't know," I answer. "We should go and tell Charles and Angela, though."

"Yeah, maybe they'll know something," Shawn agrees. "Do you want to go now?"

"Yeah," I nod. "I want to figure out what's going on as soon as possible."

"Alright. Let me change really quick," he plans out. "Then we can go."

I go over to my room and pull on a gray hoodie and light washed skinny jeans.

I brush my teeth and apply minimal makeup before heading downstairs.
Shawn is sitting on the counter and finishing off an apple.

"Ready?" he questions me.

"Yeah, let's go," I reply blankly while lacing our fingers and going to my car. Shawn offers to drive and then gets in the drivers seat.

We drive over to the studio and I do research the whole time.

"I don't understand," I sigh while setting down my phone. "Why would this even be a thing?"

"Well we're getting ready to find out," Shawn points out as he parks in the parking lot. "Let's go."

We quickly run into the building and check in with the security guard.

"They're upstairs," he explains in his deep voice. "You can go up. I think they've been expecting you."

"That's not creepy at all," I mumble before getting into the elevator. We quickly go to the necessary floor and knock on the studio room, which Angela quickly answers.

"Hey," she smiles. "Why are you guys here?"

"Don't play dumb," I roll my eyes while stepping into the room. "The security guard said you were expecting us. Did you see Twitter and all of the magazines?"

"Yep," Charles says matter-of-factly.

"Well, do you know who published those fake stories about us?" Shawn asks impatiently.

"Yeah," Angela shrugs. "We did."

I stumble backwards but then grab onto a couch for support. "Y-you what?"

"We published it," she repeats. "Publicity can you get you pretty far in the real world."

"Hold on," Shawn shakes. "You did this all for publicity?"

"Yeah pretty much," Charles nods, agreeing with Shawn. "We told a bunch of reporters the stories and had them type it up and bam. You're all over the stores now. It's great, isn't it?"

"No," I gasp. "This is not great. You framed us, making everyone think we're bad people."

"It'll be good in the long run," Angela tries to remind us.