Chapter Two

"Yun! Do you have anything you want to buy?" You ask your cousin on a certain Saturday early afternoon. 

"Not really. Why do you ask?" Yun ask. 

"I'm thinking of going to the shopping mall. I need some materials anyway" You say.

"Then I'm coming with you and you can't say no. I don't care if you're older than me but I'm still coming along" Yun says sternly and when he says it like that, you couldn't say no.

You and Yun made your way to the shopping mall near your house and you told Yun that you needed several things such as notebooks, highlighters, pens and others.

"Why couldn't you buy those at your campus?" Yun questions. 

"The notebooks there are so plain!" You state bluntly and Yun sighs.

"Yun!" A female voice calls out.

You and Yun turn to see a young girl about Yun's age and she has bright red, curly/wavy hair. 

"Yona! Why are you here? And alone?!" Yun ask. 

"Oh I'm not alone! Soo Won and Hak are with me" says Yona. 

"Geez, what are they thinking leaving you alone" Yun mumbles while face palming. 

"Yun, care to introduce?" You ask. 

"Oh right. Yona, she's my cousin Y/N. This is Yona, a friend of mine" says Yun.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yona" She says.

"Likewise, I'm Y/N" You say.

"Princess! We got to go- Oh Yun!" Another man appears beside Yona. Wait... Princess?

"Raiju! Don't leave Yona wandering alone you dolt!" Yun scolded and your eyes widen. 

"Soo Won is waiting" He simply says.

"Okay then, let's not keep Soo Won waiting. Bye Yun, bye Y/N-san!" says Yona and they left. 

"Raiju? That's an interesting nickname" You said smugly. 

"He is Son Hak. He is a childhood friend of Yona. He is a Year 3 Senior at our high school" says Yun.

"I see. Anyways let's go. I see that the que is getting longer" You state.

"Will you be alright alone? I need the washroom" Yun ask. 

"Don't worry about me Yun" You place a hand on Yun's shoulder, assuring him and made your way to the stationary shop. 

You browse around the shop and eventually found the things you needed. You smile to yourself and made your way to the cashier when someone had bump into you, hard. Your items fell as you fall to the ground.

"What the heck watch where you're going!" The man yelled.

Your eyes widen as you begin to tremble from fear.

"Tch, what a nuisance" He mumbles.

You felt him coming closer to you. You shut your eyes tight as you tremble upon the horrible memories from the past.

"D-Don't come closer p-please" You mumble.

"Hah? What was that? Who are you telling me what to do?!" Shivers.

He comes closer to you and eventually he kneel down to your eye level. Your eyes widen with obvious fear. Your body felt paralyzed. He raised his hands high to which by instinct you held your head, shutting your eyes tightly. 

"Dearest customer, violence is not accepted here" says a familiar voice. 

You slowly look up to see a familiar figure. 

"J-Jaeha-s-senpai" You mumble.

"Hah? Who the heck are you to care?! Get your boss here! Is this how you treat customers?!" The man yells. 

You flinch upon his yelling but Jaeha remains unfazed.

"I am the boss of this bookstore. Apologize to the lady over there. You were the one who bumped into her" says Jaeha. 

"You're just accusing me now!" The man yells.

"We'll know once we call the police and they investigate the CCTV" says Jaeha as he held up his mobile phone high, seeing that it has already been dialed with the police's number. 

"F-Fine geez! I'm sorry lady" The man apologizes half-heartedly and quickly leaves, with the onlookers whispering. 

Jaeha then bends down to help you collect your things, putting it back to the basket.

"You don't look so good. You must have been frightened" says Jaeha as he carries the basket which prompts you to stand up. 

"T-Thank you Jaeha-senpai" You say.

Jaeha smiles and brings your basket to the cash counter as he scans the items.

"Are you... Really the boss of this bookstore?" You ask. 

"No, I'm just a staff here. The real boss is Gigan" says Jaeha and you nods. 

"Y/N!" Yun yells as he rushes to your side. 

"Yun..."

"I heard people gossiping! Are you alright?!" Yun ask worryingly, inspecting you to see if you have any injuries. 

"I'm fine... Just frightened" You say softly. 

"I'm glad you're not hurt Y/N" says Yun.

"Y/N-chan, total would be $24" Jaeha suddenly says.

"O-Oh right. Here" You say, handing him your money as he looks for the change and gives it to you. 

"Thanks for helping earlier" You say.

"When a lady is in trouble, I will always be there" Jaeha says with a wink and you blush and later, left the bookstore with Yun.

"Who is he and why does he know your name?" Yun ask suspiciously. 

You assure Jaeha isn't anyone suspicious as you tell him who Jaeha is. Yun nods, seemingly trusting him a little now. 

"Anyways, let's go home" says Yun and you nod.

Back home, as Yun is making dinner, you were up in your room browsing the internet when you suddenly think back to afternoon's events.

Though it nearly brings back unpleasant memories, you were grateful for Jaeha who happen to be there. If it wasn't for him, you'd probably have a mental breakdown.

You then made a decision. You'll look for Jaeha and treat him to a drink or something as a thanks. With that determination, you head to the kitchen as Yun calls to you for dinner.