Escaping

When I knew he was gone, I sat upright, working at the ropes again, I could feel their pressure on my wrists loosening. It took about fifteen minutes, but I was finally able to free my wrists from the ropes. I let them fall to the floor, and ran to the door in the back of the room, twisting the handle. It was locked, of course. I rested my ear against the dark wood, listening for movement. Nothing. I stepped back a few paces, and rammed my shoulder into the door. But the only progress that gained me was a hurt shoulder. I began pacing the perimeter of the small room, stopping at the door at each lap, listening. After about twenty laps, I heard a door shut, and footsteps growing closer. I ran back to the chair, sliping the rope around oneof the bars, and then back on my wrists.  I heard the wooden door swing open, and then shut again.

"Welcome back." I said coolly. "Come to drug me again?"

"You know, your friends are searching for you." 

"Of course they are."

"Luca is determined to search every nook and cranny of this town to find you. But  need you here. Maybe I need to stop him myself."

"Don't touch him!" I slipped out of the ropes and punched him as hard as I could, standing up, and rushing to the door, flinging it open, it hit the wall with a bang. I ran down the dark hallway, my only light the occasional candle on the wall. I saw a ladder up ahead and sped towards it. I climbed as fast as I could, opening the large metal hatch above me, and squinting at the harsh sunlight climbing out of the hole and closing the hatch behind me. I was free.

Luca's POV:

I left the island, ignoring the mess I had made. Originally,I had intended to return to Portorosso, but instinct took me in the opposite direction, back to my parent's house. I swam in through the door, to see my grandma at the kitchen table.

"Bubble? What are you doing here." I swam over to her, wrapping her in a tight hug as I began to cry again.

"Alberto is missing. We've been looking for him all day, but we can't find him. I've checked everywhere. What if he's gone?" 

"Don't worry. Alberto is strong, and he really cares for you. He wouldn't have just left you." She hugged me and I sniffed.

"I hope you're right."

Alberto's POV:

 I ran down a grassy hill towards the buidings of Portorosso. Grass soon gave way to cblestone and my bare feet smacked against it, the sound echoing off the buildings. I ran faster. I needed to find Luca. I almost missed Giulia and Bria as I ran past. I slowed, and Giulia immeadeatley began questioning me

"Where have you been? We've been searching all over. Luca is frantic."

"I was kidnapped."

"Who took you?" Bria asked, as I turned around, looking back at the hill. A tall, skinny, silhouetted figure walked down the hill.

"Him."