Missing

I woke up, blinking at the harsh light above me. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and looking around. To my right, our Vespa sat, facing the water in front of me. I was at the edge of a cliff, the long grass swaying around me. I looked to my left, there was a depression in the grass where Alberto had fallen asleep, but Alberto wasn't there. I stood up, looking around. I was alone. 

"Alberto?" No answer "ALBERTO!" still no response. I ran to the Vespa, umped on and began the ride back to Portorosso. Alberto had fallen asleep before me, when had he disappeared? As I rode back to Portorosso, I continued calling for Alberto. Soon, the buildings of Portorosso came into view. I sped up, going straight to Giulia's. I burst in through the door, and Giulia looked up from her breakfast.

"Luca?" She looked behind me. "Where's Alberto?" I shrugged, fighting back tears. 
"I woke up this morning and he was gone." I couldn't take it anymore, I broke down, steadying myself against a wall, and sliding down, I put my head between my knees, crying. "Giulia, I don't know what could have happened. He fell asleep a little while before me, and then I woke up, and he was gone!" I shook my head, trying to dry my tears. "I don't know Giulia. I just don't know." Giulia put her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Luca, we'll find him."  She stood up from her crouch, shouting to Massimo,

"Papa! We're going out!"

"Okay Giulia." Giulia grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.

Alberto's POV:

I woke with a start, trying to move, but I was strapped into a metal chair in complete silence. I looked beside me, but didn't see Luca. That's when I remembered. I'd woken up last night with a cloth pressed over my nose and mouth. I'd struggled, trying to scream, but the sound was muffled by the hand holding the cloth. The last thing I'd seen was Luca sleeping beside me, before everything went black. I looked at the room I was in, there were nothing but white walls. I tried to shout, but there was a cloth jammed into my mouth. I spat the cloth out and screamed. The sound echoing in the empty room. I heard a door open behind me and tried to turn the chair, but it wouldn't move. I looked at the legs of the chair and saw that they were bolted into the floor. I sat upright, trying to turn to see who came through the door, but the ropes held fast.

"Who are you? What did you do to me?"

"It's simple really, a little chloroform on a cloth." Another cloth was pressed against my face, and I thrashed, trying to hold my breath. Eventually, I couldn't hold my breath any longer, and I gasped for air, breathing in whatever was on that cloth, and passing out once again.

Luca's POV:

We walked down the street, asking every person we saw if they had seen Alberto. Nobody had. After a while, we came across Bria and Dario, Bria saw the panic in my eyes and looked around, when she didn't see Alberto, she tensed.

"Where is he?" I shrugged, trying to fight back tears again.

"Who?" Dario asked.

"Alberto, he's missing." Dario's eyes widened

"What?"

"I woke up this morning and he was gone." I started to cry again and Giulia hugged me, reassuring me that we would find Alberto.

"Have you checked the Island?" Bria asked. And my eyes widened. Alberto did like to go there to think. I stepped back from Giulia's hug and turned to Bria

"Not yet, good idea though." I started off towards the rocky beach at a jog. I wanted to find Alberto fast. I just hoped he was okay.