Confession

Alberto's POV:

 The concussion? It was awful. I felt like I was in another world, like the real world was a dream, and I don't remember most of anything I said the week I was at Luca's parent's house.  My brain felt like it was being zapped by hundreds of Jellyfish. I just hoped that I hadn't said anything too embarrassing. And back on the surface, Massimo's house was like a foreign country,  which is weird considering I have been living here for the past year. That night, I was so excited to show Luca the Vespa. Giulia has known for a while how I felt about Luca, since before they had left for Genova actually. I had trusted her to keep it a secret, but all the questions she was asking were going to give it away. I wanted to be the one to tell Luca how I felt.  So I was going to tell him before Giulia could ruin it. We fell asleep in the treehouse after our Vespa ride. He fell asleep first as he told me what he had learned in school about the fish, sorry, stars. He had dozed off telling  me about the constellations.

"That one over there, it's two fish, it's called Pisces." I elbowed him and said, 

"See, I told you they were fish." He laughed and leaned against me, head on my shoulder

"You know, there is a sea monster too."

"Really? Where?" He didn't respond and I looked over, seeing that he had fallen asleep lying against me. Why did he have to be so adorable?

"You know, you're cute when you're sleeping." I said quietly

"Oh yeah?" he mumbled sleepily. His eyes were closed and he was breathing deeply, he was probably sleep-talking or half asleep. either way, I blushed furiously. This wasn't how I wanted him to find out. Tomorrow morning was going to be awkward.

 The next morning

I woke up to the sound of chatter from the house. I looked beside me but Luca was gone,  just me and the wooden planks of the treehouse floor. Inside I heard Giulia and Massimo talking, but no Luca. I sat up and heard a voice below call,

"Good morning Sleepyhead!" I looked down to see Luca standing next to our Vespa. Hesitantly, I climbed down from the tree. Shyly approaching Luca, I said,

"Luca, About last night-" With no warning, He walked up and kissed me. I was stunned for a moment, then I leaned into the kiss. After a moment, he pulled back.

"I heard what you said last night, and I was awake when you were playing with my hair. I've had a major crush on you for a while now. What you said last night-" I kissed him gently on the lips again and he blushed. "What does this mean?"

"Well, Mr. Paguro, If it's what you want, I think this means we are boyfriends."