Chapter 1

Blair Davenport looked at her fiancé - ex-fiancé, to be exact - and felt her heart shatter. He watched her with wide grey eyes. They were still full of passion. But regret slowly began to replace it.

"Blair," Brandon Garcia breathed. A tear trickled down Blair's face. "Blair. I swear to God. This was a mistake."

"Brandon. You of all people should know mistakes don't happen on purpose."

Brandon's lover, obviously exasperated, sneered, "Who's she?"

Blair pursed her lips together, already exhausted from work and now extremely irritated. The red haired bimbo covered herself. Brandon reacher for his boxers, sliding them on. Unable to even comprehend the world, Blair grabbed her keys and barged out of the apartment. Brandon called after her, but Blair kept walking as fast as her three inch heels would allow her to.

Brandon, long legged and fast, grabbed Blair's wrist. She yanked it away and turned around to face the man she thought she knew. "What do you want, Brandon?"

"A second chance."

"I gave you that. You fucked it up when you slept with that whore! If you really loved me, you wouldn't have cheated on me again. If you can't make a commitment of a few months to me, Brandon... How could we spend our whole lives together? How am I supposed to trust you if I don't know if you're keeping your dick in your pants?"

"Please. Give me another change, Blair."

"No. We're through." Blair walked out, leaving Brandon and her broken heart behind her

Falling in love with such a sex machine was a mishap.

The sad part was: she knew it when they first met.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blair looked across the table at her closest friend, Alicia Ronaldo. At twenty-nine, Alicia looked amazing and caught the attention of all men in the room. She was tall, at least three inches taller than Blair, five pounds lighter, but six-months older. Blair, going on twenty-nine next month, was short, compared to her leggy friend, at five-five, and slightly curvier. Alicia's weight was distributed evenly throughout her body, but since Blair was shorter, her weight showed even more. She pursed her lips together, knowing her frumpy self would never be able to catch the eye of a single man in the café.

Blair fixed her blouse, which hid her D-cup breasts, and enviably wished she had Alicia's simple B-cups and slender body.

"He's an ass, Davey," Alicia told Blair. 'Davey' had been Alicia's nickname for Blair, short for Davenport. "You deserve better than him. How many times have I told you that?"

"Can you not say 'I told you so,' please?" Blair begged Alicia. Alicia sighed and nodded. "But, you're right. You've been telling me since day one that Brandon was an ass and I didn't listen. I was about to marry a grade-A jackass. I wish I had listened."

Alicia reached across the table and grabbed her friend's hand. "Look. Don't beat yourself up. He was an asshole. Now you know what to look for. Just, listen, next time. I know men. I have two older brothers."

Blair bit her lip. Alicia did learn about men from her two older brothers - her two, extremely gorgeous older brothers, Christ and David Ronaldo. But one was married and the other one was back and forth with home and the army.

She should have listened to the golden hair bombshell.

Dropping her own golden eyes, she sighed. She was an only child growing and never really had any friends, other than Alicia and some other girls. Needless to say, she never understood men. At all. They were all a foreign race of species to her. "Alicia," she said with a groan. "How do you handle men?"

Alicia smirked mischievously. "Easy. We go out to dinner, grab a couple of drinks, and then go back to my place. It's all in the seduction."

"Alicia!" Blair scolded, not able to prevent the laugh spilling out of her mouth. "I'm not trying to seduce a man, I'm trying to marry one."

"Davey, all you have to do is relax; don't be so uptight."

"It's not as easy as you make it seem, Alicia. I just lost my job, my fiancé, and I'm trying to convince my manager to let me slide by another month without paying for rent. I've gone three months not paying for rent because I don't have a job."

"I offered for you to come and live with me."

"I'd prefer to sleep without waking up to the bed slamming the wall every night." Alicia rolled her eyes at Blair's remark. "I just need a job. Once I get one, my life with start up again."

"Oh!" Alicia said abruptly, startling Blair. "You remember my ex, Johnny, right?"

"Yeah...," Blair said hesitantly, remembering one of Alicia's longer relationships. "Why?"

"Well, I was talking to him not to long ago and he said his pal, Dexter, is in need of a personal secretary. You have experience with that. I can always ask Johnny to set up an interview?"

Blair looked away, thinking about it. She hated resorting to other people to help her find a job, but she barely had enough for Chinese food and T.V. anymore. And what if the job didn't go well? What if this guy Dexter was a total ass, just like that bitch who fired Blair four months ago? Looking at her half-drunk mocha-cappuccino, she pursed her lips together.

It was worth a shot.

What was the worst that could happen?

Blair met Alicia's eyes and nodded. "Okay. I'll do it."