13

"Meredith, you have to stop act childish and wake up in this right instant!" Izzie bellowed standing at Meredith's side of bed.

Meredith growled nervous and pulled the covers over her head. The intention of hiding of Izzie was worthless because Izzie pulled the covers away from Meredith sending them at the bottom of the bed. A short whimper came from Alicia's side of bed as she felt the cold air from their bedroom.

"That wasn't necessary." George was more delicate than Izzie as he whispered reproachful to Izzie. He went to Alicia's side of bed and sat down beside her. Gently he shook her tiny frame and leaned to whisper to her ear. "It's time to wake up, Ally!"

Alicia whimpered again rolling over to hide her face from George.

"That was very helpful, George!" Izzie stated sarcastic. They were all going to run late for work if the two sleeping beauties wouldn't wake up soon and Izzie's patience was already out of limits. "Ok, we're switching the places." Izzie decided and crossed to the other side of the bed where George was. "You go take care of Meredith."

"Me? Why?" He asked her confused.

"Because someone needs to drag her out of bed and you are the man here... aren't you?" Izzie folded her arms across her chest smiling at George.

"Of course." George muttered nervous and crossed carefully over Alicia and Meredith. In the meantime, Izzie scooped Alicia from bed earning loudly giggles. "One's up" Izzie laughed cradling Alicia in her arms. "Do it already, George!" She shouted when she saw him staring confused at Meredith.

George sniffed annoyed by Izzie's hurry and sarcasm. "Mer, it's already passed 6 o'clock. You know Dr. Bailey hates when we are late for our shifts."

While George was speaking to Meredith, Izzie took care of Alicia tickling her tummy and making her laugh, being sure that like that the sleep wouldn't take her again. Maybe it was because of George's warning about Dr. Bailey or maybe because of Alicia's loud laughs, but surprisingly, Meredith jumped of the bed. Not even half-awake and scared by whatever made her leave the bed Meredith lost from her balance and almost fell in George's arms.

"I can't believe... you did it so easily." Izzie mumbled staring astonished at George's success.

"I know." George snickered as he took care that Meredith wouldn't fall and break something. "Calm down, Mer! Now that you are up, we are going to make it in time for work." He tried to calm her down when he saw her spinning around looking desperately for something.

"My phone... my phone." She mumbled desperate running her hands over the nightstand, still being a little blind because of the sleep.

Through the many things that she threw on floor, there was where her phone landed too. She was more stressed than she would have wanted about Mark's reaction at the news that she had left on his voicemail. George helped her picking up the phone and handing it to her.

Meredith took it and sat down at the edge of the bed. Firstly, she rubbed her eyes to banish the blurry vision and then opened the phone. She stared stunned at its display for a moment. There was no missing call, not even from Mark. "That's strange." She mumbled to herself.

"What's strange?' George asked her.

Meredith looked up at him with the same stunned look on her face. "Mark didn't call... at all."

"Meredith, he didn't have time to call you. It was already late when you and Ally went to bed. It's not like he would have called you in the middle of the night to check on you!" Izzie said. Meredith looked at her and raised an eyebrow suggestively. "Would he?" Izzie asked surprised.