Chapter 49: Hunter Reyna

It was the last day that Camp Half-Blood would be at Camp Jupiter. In other words, it was the last day that Nico had left to see Reyna.

Nico wasn't ready in any way. He knew that seeing Reyna how she was now would stir up a lot of unpleasant memories. But he knew he needed to see her. He would regret it if he didn't.

"Will you be okay?" Will asked him.

Nico nodded. "It's just Reyna. It's not like she's a completely different person. She's just a little bit different."

Will smiled at him. "I'll be right here next to you."

So the two of them walked off towards New Rome, where her and the Hunters were apparently staying.

They made it to the group of tents that Hazel had told them that the Hunters were staying in, in the woods. They were just like when Nico was little, the same ones that Bianca had gone inside. And when she came out of those tents, she was different.

Will squeezed his hand before letting go. "I'll go in first and ask for her."

He walked up to the front of the biggest tent, and called out. Moments later, none other than Thalia Grace walked out. She tried to regain her composure, but she looked lost and sad. Her eyes were puffy and her clothes were disheveled.

Nico looked away. He didn't really want to see her. Nico didn't hate Thalia or anything, but he didn't exactly like her, either. As soon as she became Artemis' Lieutenant, she immediately started to recruit more young girls to become Hunters, like Bianca had never sacrificed her life for them. Like she was nothing. That didn't sit well with him.

He could hear the two of them talking:

"Yo. You need anything?" Thalia paused. "You're from Camp Half-Blood, huh? Yeah, I heard you guys were comin' to town."

"Yeah. Will Solace." Nico looked over, and he saw Will shaking Thalia's hand. "I was wondering if we could talk to Reyna?"

"We?" She asked. Then she seemed to notice Nico. "Oh, hey! I didn't know you were still hanging around the Camps!" She called to him.

Nico decided it would be rude to ignore her, so he walked over to where Will and Thalia were standing.

"Yeah, I'm still here." Nico told her.

"I see you're still as emo as ever." She laughed. It was a brittle kind of laugh. Not the laugh he usually heard from the carefree daughter of Zeus.

"Like you're one to talk."

She snorted. "I'm punk, kid. Not emo."

"You can't call me kid anymore. We're biologically almost the same age."

"You're 15 now, huh? Could've sworn you were a year younger. Anyways, I'm still technically-"

"Well technically, I'd be in my 80's. That doesn't work, either." Nico cut her off.

"Good point." Then she gestured to Will. "You know this dude?"

"Yeah. He's my boyfriend."

"Oh, you swing the other way, huh? Same." She winked at Nico.

What? Nico didn't know that.

"So, how do you two know Reyna?"

"I traveled around half the world with her. We've saved each other's lives multiple times. She's my friend, and I wanted to see her when I came here."

She nodded, interested. "Okay. I'll go get her."

She walked over to one of the other tents and called inside. A few seconds later, Reyna appeared. "Hello, Lieutenant Thalia." She greeted her formally.