Chapter 9: Doctor's Orders

When Will came to Nico's room in the morning, he was surprised to find him already up. And coughing up a storm.

Will rushed to his bedside. "Nico, are you okay?!"

"Yeah, what makes you say that?" Nico said with a stuffed up voice before sneezing.

"I don't know, because you're sick?"

"I don't get sick." Nico said with a laugh. He went into another coughing fit.

"You clearly are."

"No, I'm not! The Ghost King doesn't get sick!" Nico yelled.

"Everybody gets sick."

"Not me!" He sneezed.

"Get under those covers, di Angelo. Doctor's orders."

Nico blushed, and sighed in defeat. "Okay."

Will took his temperature, and the thermometer read 100 degrees [38 Celsius]. Will put a cold towel on Nico's forehead and gave him a blanket from his cabin.

"What do you want for breakfast, death boy?" Will asked gently. Will grabbed his water from Nico's nightstand and took a drink.

Nico thought about it for a minute. What was that cereal that Will sometimes had? The rainbow ones that were round? He couldn't remember, so he said, "Could I have the gay Cheerios?"

Will spit out his water and started laughing. "What?"

Nico blushed again. "You know. The rainbow cereal that looks like Cheerios." He said, averting his eyes.

"Oh! You mean Fruit Loops?" Will wondered.

"That's it." He coughed again.

Will smiled. "I'm totally going to call them gay Cheerios from now on," he said as he ran off to go get some.

When he got back to Nico's cabin, he had brought the whole box for him.

"Do you need anything else, Nico?"

"No." Nico said defensively.

"Come on. I want to take care of you." Will made his eyes go really big and made a puppy dog face.

Nico sighed. "I hate you."

Will smiled.

"I'll have some water, I guess."

"One bottle of water, coming right up!" Will exclaimed a little too enthusiastically.

Nico smiled despite himself. He really did like this dork.

Will saw him smiling, and he started to smile. "What is it?"

"You."

"Huh?"

"Nothing, William."

Will turned his head sideways. "You've never called me William before, Nicholas."

Nico laughed a tiny bit, but immediately started coughing. Will handed him his water.

"What's so funny?" Will asked.

"My name isn't Nicholas."

"It isn't? Then what is it? A lot of people who are named Nico use that as a nickname for Nicholas or Nicodemus or a name like that."

Nico paused. "I actually don't know. I've always just been...Nico. My mom died when Bianca and I were really young, so I guess I've never heard my full name. Now that I think about it, I don't know my middle name, either."