Chapter 12

I shot up like a bullet and righted myself beside the bed, my blush only intensified with the compromising position the other boys had caught us in.

"Wow! Are we interrupting something?" Marko sniggered bringing his thumb up to nibble before moving to browse through my closet. Flicking through each garment with vague interest.

Dwayne offered a raised brow with the hint of a smirk at my discomfort, his eyes seeing much more then he could say. The native American wandered straight over to the scattered books and traced a hand over some of the titles. Suddenly looking at my toes seemed very interesting, but then I saw my shirt and jumper had risen up slightly exposing my stomach. My fingers hurried to cover the offending area.

"We were just having a bit of one on one-time, right babe?" Paul offered happily.

"It wasn't like that," I protested quietly. My shoulder boldly giving Paul a little nudge as he sat up beside me on the edge of my bed.

"Hey Em, can you model these for us?" Marko pipped up, only then did I realise he had moved onto my underwear draw and was delicately holding up a pair of lace undies for the entire room to see.

Rushing over I snatched the offending cloth from him, and promptly closed the draw with a resonating snap. The boys whined in a chorus of unhappy groans behind me but that wasn't going to stop me protecting my modesty. Shamefully I turned slowly to face the small crowd of men in my room.

"That's no fun Em!" Paul protested, "I wanna see."

"You're beautiful Chicca, no need to hide it," Dwayne pipped up, his eyes trained on me over a mythology book he seemed to have lost interest in.

"What are you worried about hmm?" Marko edged closer than he already was, "afraid we won't be able to keep our hands off you?" It was getting rather warm in this confined space between three vampires and I could feel the nervous sweat start to form on my clammy palms.

"Ok, that's enough playing with the little human. Don't you have better things to do with your eternity than bugging me?" My breathless voice wavered slightly as I tried to disarm the charged situation with some light yet awkward humor.

"Don't be like that" Marko finally cut into my personal bubble, pressing his face into my hair and inhaling deeply, "we missed you Em." Warning bells were once again ringing in my head but every time one of them was this close I lost all intelligence and my brain would become mush, completely pliable to their whims.
I slipped off to the side closer to the wall, my eyes never leaving his as I scooted away for safety but he followed at a much slower pace, the thrill of being hunted stirred a strange heat low in my belly.

"I've been right here" I offered apprehensively. It was a dangerous game we were now playing, and I didn't know if I was strong enough to fight it after our last encounter. The ghost memories of my dreams told me that I didn't even want to resist them, but logic was still in control thankfully.

"No, we've missed this," Dwayne's large body had stopped me in my tracks from behind, his hands wandering over my hips and brushing sensitive flesh underneath my shirt eliciting a gasp of surprise from me. His touch was sensual and all my body wanted was to completely submit to the enticing feeling, I remembered all to well the addictive feeling of a vampires bite but it was too soon. I'd barely recovered my sanity from the last time.

I swallowed hard, swallowing down those feelings and my impending defeat.

"Pl…please leave" I ground out with great difficulty and attempted to pull away from Dwayne only to turn into Paul suddenly cutting of my only window of escape.

"We all know that's the last thing you want" the Rockstar supplied with a scoff, "mind readers remember?"

I had a very fuzzy memory of drunken Emily being told this, but my mind obviously hadn't wanted to believe it at the time. It was hard to deny the fact now I was very much sober and caught between Paul, Dwayne and Marko who were reading me like one of the many open books on my floor.