Warm Blood: AU4 Chapter 2

AUTHORS NOTE: Ethan Ramsey is not one to take sick days, in fact, taking a day off that isn't scheduled is a problem for him in itself. So when he comes down with a heavy cold and high fever, Valerie finds it futile to get him to stay home....but she doesn't plan to stop trying. Meanwhile, the diagnostics team take on the Case of Nathan Orwell, a software developer whose case is more than meets the eye...this is 'Warm Blood' and I hope you enjoy! :)

this is 'Warm Blood' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

"Achoo!"

Sneezing.

Since getting out of bed 45 minutes ago, Ethan has sneezed 11 times.

He never sneezes! Ever!

Well, If he has, it has not been in the time that I've known him. Or maybe he sneezes in secret? Although i'm not that sure what would possess him to do that....

I poked my head around the wardrobe door frame into the bathroom entryway as I closed it  said "Ethan...?" 

"Valerie?" His voice came out dry, strained and obviously tired

"Oh honey, come in here."

He came out, rubbing his neck while I folded my skirt and put it in the end if the bed, before I sat down amongst the pillows and opened my arms up to him.

"I'm alright, I just-*

Sneeze.

12 times.

I raised a brow and he groaned as he came over and rested his head on my chest.

"Ethan, you have a temperature..." My brow creased as I checked his forehead with the back of my hand

"I'm fine..."

"Ethan Ramsey don't you dare lie to me."

"...fine. I feel like I've been run over by a truck."

"Well, some how you've got the common cold." I raised a brow as I ran my fingers through his thick hair.

He sniffed and said "it must have been when was in pediatrics yesterday morning ...one of the children were sick..."

"And now you are too... No work for you today baby."

"V, it's the common cold I'll be fine..." He spoke through some strain.

"Maybe. But what about other doctors and other patients? And you have a fever..."

He sat up and cupped my cheek before saying "which means limited close contact to you. I don't want you getting sick too, Sweetheart."

"I don't mind..."

"Hm. Well I do. I need... Coffee, and an aspirin. I'll be fine, I'll keep my distance, work in my office."