Not The Way

Started: September 5, 2021

Finished: September 10, 2021

Scott and I we sad to be packing up our things. The trip felt too short and I wanted to have more time with him. Back home we have to be careful when kissing, in case someone catches us. It would be the death of us if my father found out I'm in love with someone not royal or of his choosing.

"By the way, how did you know to do all that stuff the other night?" I said rolling my suutcase to the back of the car. Scott was so skilled and knew exactly what to get me going, even though he was a vrigin like me.

"I got bored when I was fifteen. Found my friend, the internet. Kinda regret if though. It would have been nice to not have lost my innocence that early." Scott shut the back after he had thrown the rest of the stuff in the car. We both got into our seats and buckled up, but not before saying a goodbye to the place we got cozy in.

The car ride was silent except for the humming of the ac or the wheels thumping as they rolled over a rock. I had a short nap as we didn't get alot of sleep. Scott and I were mostly eating food, having shirt naps or having sex. If these walls could talk, they'd be saying alot because they've seen way too many things.

I started to get sad as we began approaching the castle gates. It was fun getting away from my family and spending it with my boyfriend. We didn't have to be careful when kissing or not worry about someone barrging into the bedroom. Being in this caslt again reminds me of how dull my life was before I met Scott. He's shown me that I can choose how to live my life. I didn't know what love was like before him.

He parked the car, but not getting out right away. "I wish we could stay on a vacation forever." I grabbed his hand off from his shaking knee. "Me too." We quickly kissed and slide out of our seats. Scott lifted my bag out from the back and handed it to me. He then closed it and stood there just staring at me.

"When will I see you again?" Scott pulled me into one of his tight hugs, not wanting to let me go. "I don't know." I muzzled my face into his chest, taking in the last few smells of his cologne as I don't know when I'll see him again. Scott rested his chin on the tip of my head and we sighed together.

Remembering that we could be see I gave him a quick kiss before slipping my hand out from his. Scott watched as I rolled my suitcase behind me back into the castle. A small tear slid down my face as I heard his car pull out of the lot and drive away. I'm being forced to leave the love of my life instead of packing up everything and running away.

___

Caleb made his way downstairs as I had just finished unpacking. He gave a weird look at me while I tossed the old swimsuit in the garbage, laughing as I did so. "Fun weekend?" I nodded my head trying to keep my smile contained.

He talked about how father was bugging him to plan his speech for my wedding. "My wedding, right." Caleb's smile turned into a frown as I pulled my hair out of the ponytail. "Don't let dad hear you say it like that." I gave a little chuckle and sat crossed-legged on the bed, facing Caleb.

Caleb managed to pry the truth about my weekend get away out of me. He listened the whole time while I talked about how much fun I had and how much I love Scott. The one thing I kept a secret was the fact that we had sex. I didn't need my brother knowing I had sex. It would be so awkward and I don't need that between him and I.

"So what are you going to do when the wedding comes closer? Does he know your getting married?" Caleb asked me quietly, not knowing if anyone was listening.

"Well I haven't thought about that. Awsten is nice and all, but I really love Scott. He understands me like no one else. And yes, Scott knows I'm engaged." Caleb nodded his head as he listened to me talk more about the situation.