Chapter Eight

Marinette's POV:

I rubbed my eyes, getting up lazily, I dragged my feet downstairs, and seeing my mom eating her breakfast, she made a worried expression towards me.

She came up to me and put her palm on my forehead and said, "You have a slight fever, you already missed your first period, there's no point in you going to school today."

I only hummed in response before going back to my bed.

Tikki complained "You can't just sleep all day." I smirked. "Yes, I can." I pulled my blanket over me, not facing Tikki. I groaned as she attempted to take the blanket off of me. Tikki stated, "How about you apologize to your friends and tell them the truth?" I pouted, "No, I can fix this mess by myself."

Tikki huffed, "I don't know why you're being so stubborn! You're causing more pain than fixing these problems going around." I sighed, "I don't even know anymore; I just don't understand why Chloe wants to make my life miserable."

Tikki shrugged: "I don't know the reason, but you can't let her win." I sadly said, "I know, but why am I such a completely different person when I'm Ladybug? I'm brave, smart, confident, and skilled when I'm her, but when I'm myself, I'm clumsy, always stuttering, shy, and stupid." Tikki reassured, "You're still the same smart girl. I know you're a hero whether in costume or not."

I heard multiple sounds of destruction coming from outside. I looked out the window and saw a grim reaper-looking figure carrying a huge reaper partly made of skulls. I looked at Tikki and said, "Tikki spots on!" Once I left my room, I ran from rooftop to rooftop in the direction of the Grim Reaper.

I started to breathe heavily now that I know I'm sick, but I knew that I couldn't let this monster terrorize the city. A certain voice asked, "Are you okay, m'lady?" I slowly nodded, "Yeah, I'll be fine."

Chat Noir pointed out, "I saw the akumatized villain going to the Le Grand Paris." I only nodded in response. He led the way while I followed him from behind. He loudly said, "I bet they're after Chloe." I loudly sighed, "Not surprised." After landing on the hotel's rooftop, you could hear blood-curdling screams coming from Chloe's room.

Entering the hotel, it looked abandoned, like something from a horror movie. The lights were flickering, and a substance was dripping from the walls onto the floor. Chat Noir shook his head. "Just the thought of being here is giving me the chills." I chuckled, "Scaredy-cat!"

We were hesitant at first when opening the door. I looked at Chat Noir. He looked scared, and I must admit I was too. He slowly nodded and whispered "1..2..3." Chat Noir busted the door open. We both saw Chloe's face. She looked pale and exhausted. She was on the wall, with a dark green substance attaching her to the wall. She yelled, "That hideous creature is trying to kill me!" Before I could respond back to Chloe, Chat Noir groaned, "M-M'lady?" He fell to his knees, clinging to his stab wound with blood dripping onto the floor.

I stuttered, "C-Chat N-Noir?" His face looked as pale as a ghost. The Grim Reaper laughed, "The black cat finally ran out of luck, don't you think?" I didn't know what to say. I felt tears flowing out of my eyes. I wiped my tears with my arm. I grabbed a sofa cushion and threw it at the Grim Reaper as a distraction while I grabbed Chat Noir, running away.

I sprinted all the way to Master Fu's massage parlor. I knocked on the door and whispered to Chat Noir, "It's going to be okay; just stay with me." The door finally opened. Master Fu gasped, "Ladybug, what happened?" I stuttered, "H-he got stabbed! Please help him." Master Fu rushed me inside, and I placed him on the floor. I worriedly said, "Is he going to be okay?" Master Fu nodded, "Yes, I'll take care of him. You should go." I pressed my forehead against Chat Noir and sadly smiled, "I love you, please be strong."

He weakly smiled and said, "I love you too." I ran out, but I caught a glance of his face last time; it was pale, and he looked exhausted. I held back my tears as I scanned the area and found the Grim Reaper attacking innocent civilians. I shouted, "Coward! How dare you attack civilians that have done nothing to you?"

The Grim Reaper laughed, "Is this a challenge, Ladybug? You'll end up like Chat Noir or even worse!" The Grim Reaper came at me swinging the reaper, slicing my cheekbone. I gasped in pain, clutching my cheekbone. I felt dizzy but stood strong. I yelled, "I won't let you hurt these innocent people. I will fight with all of my might for Chat Noir, you hideous monster."

I didn't expect her to laugh harder and toss her arms back as if she were holding her belly and saying, "This is too good. I'm going to enjoy every moment of this." She paused, laughing some more. "Ladybug, I want you to know that... I don't care if it's Chat Noir or someone else; I will do everything I can to make you suffer." Then she stopped smiling, and her smile faded and her eyes darkened with murderous intent: "If you receive help from anyone, I will hunt them down and kill them all. Do you understand?"

I let my anger get to me. I screamed, "How dare you!" I sprinted towards her and swung my fist in her face.

I punched her in the chin; she fell down and coughed up blood. She stood up with blood trickling down her lip. "Why do you save those people who are nothing but scum and deserve death?"

I lunged forward, punching her again and again in her face and neck. She kept trying to grab me, but I kicked her legs; she lost her balance and fell to the ground. I kept hitting her until she used her reaper to stab me right in the leg, causing me to fall and scream.

She smirked: "That'll keep you from getting in my way." I asked, "Who are you after?" She smiled, "My princess, Marinette."

My eyes widen. I gasped, "I don't understand, are you going to hurt her?" She shook her head. "I would never lay my hands on her; she's my everything. I want to protect her."

Kagami is akumatized... I grabbed my yo-yo and threw it towards the Grim Reaper's legs. I wrapped it around making her lose her balance. I grabbed her mask from her face as she struggled to get it back. I destroyed it. The little black akuma flew out, I purified it, and everything went back to normal.

Kagami fell down onto the ground, and I worriedly said, "Are you feeling alright?" Her hand was on her forehead, and she breathed, "I'm feeling dizzy." I offered, "Let me take you to your house." She nodded and said, "Thank you."

After dropping Kagami off at her house, I wondered what Chloe said to Kagami to make her akumatized. I entered my room, turning back to myself. I collapsed onto the floor. Tikki flew around me, panicking. She kept saying, "Marinette! Are you okay?" I softly smiled, "Yeah, I'm just tired, that's all." She sighed, "Drink some water..go to sleep once you're done."

I did what she said before falling asleep.

Marinette's POV over

Adrien's POV:

When I arrived at my room, I slowly walked to my bed and laid down, but I was still scared whenever I closed my eyes. I just saw a pile of my own blood on the floor. Plagg asked, "Adrien... are you feeling alright?" I nodded. "Yeah, I just need some rest, that's all." I heard a knock at my door, and I loudly said, "Come in." It was my father. I quickly sat up and asked, "May I help you with anything, father?"

He slightly smiled and asked, "Any improvements on your piano lessons?" "I would like to see you play today." I slowly nodded, "Of course." I panicked. I haven't touched my piano in months. I'm hoping I still remember how to play.

I asked once again. "Do I play your favorite?" He simply nodded, not saying a word. I stared at the piano. I cleared my throat and placed my hands on the keys. I began playing the song even if I looked at my father. I knew I was going to mess up. I just stared at the sheet music.

I finished playing. I looked at him anxiously, and he grinned, "Wonderful..Adrien. I'm going to Los Angeles for a fashion gala, and Nathalie will be taking care of you." I said, "Alright." He left my room, and I thought it was weird that he was leaving—he barely even goes out here in Paris.

I just went back to sleep.