Chapter Five

Kagami's POV:

Every day I wake up to get ready for school. Getting up from my bed, I heavily yawned as I did a light stretch to try to make myself feel energized at the crack of dawn. When I was done taking a shower, I decided to wear a black tank top over my white hoodie, flared blue jeans, and white shoes.

I grabbed my school bag and put it on my shoulder. I headed downstairs and, seeing Amilia prepare breakfast, I greeted, "Good morning." She grinned, "Good morning! I made your favorite okonomiyaki." I happily said, "Really? Thank you so much!" As I sat down at the table, she handed me the plate of delicious, fluffy pancakes.

Okonomiyaki: Japanese pancakes.

I childishly smiled each time I took a bite of the warm, sweet, and custard-y flavor of the pancake. After I was finished eating, I took my plate over to the sink where I began washing it, then I placed it on the drying rack. Amilia teased, "It's like you're taking my job, Miss. Tsuguri." I laughed: "It doesn't hurt to help around here." Amilia just nodded, then continued, "The automatic car is waiting for you outside. I don't want you to be late for school."

I waved her goodbye as I exited my house, walking towards the car entering it, and it drove off immediately. Once I arrived at school and was walking towards the entrance, someone was running fast enough to shove me onto the ground. It was Adrien. I yelled out, "What was that for?" He scoffed, "Not my problem, you were in the way!" Then he ran off. I quickly composed myself and went right after him. I saw him in the locker room.

I stormed in there. I told Adrien, "What in the living hell has gotten into you? Shove me away like I don't exist!" He retorted, "Look, I was in a rush, and you seem fine, so what's the big deal?" I clenched my jaw as I grabbed him by the collar. "Listen, Agreste! I won't tolerate this behavior from anyone, especially from you. Choose your words carefully. Either you apologize or I will put you in your place. Do you understand me?"

Alya came into the scene yelling like a maniac. "Kagami, what are you doing? Let him down!" Soon after, Nino and Marinette trailed behind her. I smirked, "Gladly." I let go of him, causing him to fall onto his ass. He groaned in pain while Alya kept asking questions. I grumbled, "Don't start yelling at me. You don't even know what happened. I suggest you mind your own damn business." As Nino was calming down Alya as I left the locker room, I felt someone tug at the sleeve of my hoodie. It was Marinette.

I spared a glance at her, and she looked concerned. I sighed, "Yes, Marinette?" She asked, "Is everything alright, Gami?" I couldn't look her in the eye. Part of me wanted to tell her everything, but at the same time I didn't want her to get involved in some stupid, meaningless drama. I turned around to face her as I cupped my hands into her warm cheeks and kissed her forehead, then smiled and said, "Don't worry about me; everything will be okay." Marinette had a flustered look, her cheeks burning red, and she stuttered, "W-why don't you apologize to them?"

I nodded, "I will eventually." Marinette worriedly said, "Would you be okay in class? I'm sure they aren't happy at all." I shrugged, "That isn't a problem, Mari. C'mon before we're late." Marinette smiled and said, "Okay! I will sit next to you. I don't think I want to sit with them after all that tension going around." When Marinette and I walked into Miss. Bustier's classroom, I could feel the glares of Adrien and Alya, but Nino was trying to lighten up the atmosphere between them but only ended up failing.

I walked past them as if they didn't exist. Marinette followed behind me as she sat down next to me since the ginger-haired kid wasn't here. I noticed that Alya was giving Marinete death stares. I softly put Marinette's head on my shoulder and softly said, "You look tired; rest your head on my shoulder." I wanted her to pay attention to anything else but not to her best friend's whole aura of hatred going around.