Chapter Seven

Adrien's POV:

I groaned as I woke up wrapped around Luka's arms. I gasped, and Luka's eyes fluttered. He giggled, "Good morning." I stuttered, "G-Good morning." He got up, stretched, and then loudly yawned, "It's a Saturday; how come you are awake so early?" I shrugged and said, "I don't know."

He continued, "I need to go before your father or assistant finds out that I'm here." I nodded, "Yeah." He asked, "Same routine as yesterday?" I tiredly said "Yes." He loudly sighed, "Alright, see you later, Agreste."

After Luka left, I tried to fall back asleep, but I just couldn't. It felt weird without his presence.

-Time Skip-

I had nothing to do today, so I headed outside. I walked around and entered a less-known cafe. As I sat down at a table, the waiter came up to me and handed me my order. I said, "Just a cappuccino, please." He nodded, "Okay." I got a phone call from Nino.

Nino:
"Dude, it's an emergency! Come to the park."

Adrien:
"What? Is everything okay?"

Nino:
"Just come to the park."

Adrien:
"Fine, Fine I'll be there in a few minutes."

Nino ended the call. The waiter came with my drink, and I quickly said, "Here's how much I owe." I drank the cappuccino as fast as I could, even though it was burning hot. I ran out of the cafe towards the park. I saw Nino pacing around. I exhaled, "W-what's going on?" Nino shouted, "Alya and Marinette are no longer friends!" They're arguing over there."

You could hear Marinette yell at Alya, "No matter what you have to say, it is not going to change my mind! We're not friends." Alya sobbed, "How could you?" Four years of our friendship just ending like this!" I went over to the bench they were sitting at and asked, "Is everything alright?" Alya screamed, "Does it look alright?" She stormed off. I looked over at Marinette, and she looked upset.

She spared a glance at me but didn't say anything. I heard footsteps coming towards us—it was Kagami; she didn't say anything to me but whispered something to Marinette. Marinette got up and left with Kagami.

Nino came up to me and said, "I'm so worried for Alya; she just ran off. I tried going after her, but she just disappeared."  I shrugged. "I don't know what to tell you, Nino."

Adrien's POV over

Marinette's POV:

I'm currently at Kagami's house, crying my eyes out. She hummed softly while wiping off my tears with her thumb. I softly whispered, "Thank you for everything." She simply nodded while getting up and heading toward the kitchen. She loudly said, "I'll be making a meal for the both of us so you can watch television in the meantime."

-30 minutes later-

It smells delicious. I wonder what Kagami is cooking. I went over to the dining room, and as I saw Kagami put down a plate of delicious food, I asked, "What is this?" She happily said, "Omurice! I made it. I hope you enjoy it." I sat down and took a bite of the food. I yelled out, "This is amazing!" Kagami only nodded, not saying a word while they both continued eating.

I washed the dishes since it's the least I could do after I had that wonderful meal. I waved her goodbye while I was walking home. I heard a massive explosion. I ran out to an alleyway, where I transformed into Ladybug.

I saw Betrayer causing massive damage to buildings. She had bombs strapped to her and a comically large sledgehammer.

She cackled, "Look who it is!" I ran towards her and swung my yo-yo around her legs, but she grabbed the sledgehammer and slammed it onto the ground, making me fly off course.

I quickly jumped back on top of her, and I used all of my strength to throw her into a wall. Once she landed on the ground, she stood up. I charged towards her with full force, and I delivered a hard kick to her stomach. She fell to the ground and began groaning in pain.

She got back up to her feet and started running away.

I chased after her, and as I caught up with her, she threw another bomb, which missed but caused some damage and caused smoke to surround our vision.

My breathing increased as I ran. The explosions were getting louder. I felt like we were being hit from every side. My lungs screamed for air. I stumbled over something and landed on my hands and knees.

Beside me, there were multiple people screaming for help, but they all seemed to disappear before I reached them. I looked down and found myself face-down in the street with no one near me. What is happening?

Just then, I spotted a person running down the street, and I tried to catch their attention. It was Chat Noir. He looked at me and ran up to me. He knelt beside me as he held his hand out to mine. He helped me stand up, and I gave him an exhausted smile.

"Ladybug, are you okay? Why do you look exhausted?" "Oh yes, I'm okay...Thanks for asking." I replied, and he chuckled. He put his arm around my shoulders and helped me walk along with him.

Betrayer was throwing out bombs like it was Christmas. Chat Noir ran up to her and tackled her. They began fighting each other, and after a few seconds of struggling, I was able to pull Chat Noir away from Betrayer. I used my yo-yo and wrapped it around her body.

She was struggling to break free from my grip, but I wouldn't let her go. Chat Noir called out "Cataclysm!" and destroyed the akumatized object as Betrayer returned into her civilian form, Alya Césaire.

She asked, "What happened?" Chat Noir answered, "You were akumatized." So you saved me? Thank you so much." She told us. After she got over her shock, she hugged Chat Noir and me.

"Thank you so much again!" Then she walked away. I swung away, saying goodbye to Chat Noir.

I hopped onto my balcony, getting into my bedroom once I de-transformed. Tikki said, "I hope you have a plan for all of this." I was reassured, "Yeah, whatever, everything is going to be fine."

Tikki doubted "Alya did get akumatized because of you." I bit my lip out of frustration, "I know..just have some faith in me."

Tikki didn't respond back. I lazily walked to my bed, laid down, and dozed off into a deep sleep.