×9×

Erica's day had gone about like any other. Uneventful and quiet. Exactly what she was used to.

Following the days after the festival she had been very worried that her brother Walter had seen her or that she had been caught by the Countess for sneaking out. She had been on edge expecting someone to come find her informing her that she had been summoned.

It took a few days to calm down with a lot of coaxing and reassurance from Georgie. That was when Erica decided to reminisce on the festival. She found herself feeling happy and joyful when she recalled the fun she had.

At this time of the day Erica could be found in the library. She happened to be seated comfortably reading a book. The warm sun was shining down on her from a high window creating a surreal image.

Prince Aleric who was exploring the halls just happened to make his way past two large oak doors. A slight crack left the one slightly ajar giving him the chance to glimpse at the library within.

The library was large and impressive although not as big as the one at the Palace. It did however have a cozy feel to it.

Aleric decided to enter it, curious of what treasures it may hold. Every library was different, they were all unique in their own little ways.

Running his fingers across the spines of the books he found one that caught his eye. He gently pulled it out and opened it, his eyes reading over the first few lines.

That's when he heard something. It was the soft sound of a page turning nearby. He was about to look for its source when suddenly both the library doors swung open, and two figures entered.

Erica who was reading quietly by herself was startled at this. As quickly and as quietly as she could, she moved to hide. She desperately wanted to leave the library but unfortunately there was only one way out and it was through those very doors that had just opened.

Sibyl had been chatting to her servant over the ideas she had for a new dress. It was something she had seen in a book a while ago and had just remembered it, so she decided to make her way to the library to find it.

To say she was surprised when she met the eyes of the young Prince standing before her would be an understatement. Sibyl had to blink a few times thinking she was dreaming or simply hallucinating.

"Your... Your Highness?" She stared wide eyed at him.

Aleric shut the book and put it back in its rightful place on the shelf. This confirmed he was indeed real.

Sibyl was quick to react and curtsy. The servant girl with her followed in suit.

"Forgive me, I was not informed of your arrival." Sibyl dropped her gaze in the attempt to seem innocently shy.

"You need not worry. I decided to accompany your brother today on short notice." Aleric replied as Sibyl made her way closer to him.

"Then I apologise on his behalf. That troublesome brother of mine has treated you with great disrespect. He is your host but has abandoned you it seems."

"Walter is not to blame. I wondered off on my own." Prince Aleric gave her a soft smile.

"Then please allow me to at least offer you refreshments in a more comfortable setting." Sibyl eyed the library around her.

She never really liked the room. To dull and boring filled with many old books which did not have much appeal to her. The only books she would read were those she deemed beneficial, books that held exquisite designs of jewels and dresses for her to gaze at. Overall, Sibyl found the room to dusty with a weird smell that tickled her nose and caused her bad allergies.

"I do not wish to trouble you. I should be on my way back; your brother might be looking for me by now."  The Prince declined and was about to walk past her before he stopped.

He had nearly forgotten the handkerchief. Carefully digging in his pocket, he gently held out the neatly folded thing and presented it to her.

"I believe this is yours Ms Sibyl."

Sibyl reluctantly took it, she was confused.

"Best not tell anyone of this." Aleric added with a smile and left leaving a dazed Sibyl behind.

"Oh my, I thought I lost this one." She voiced her thoughts as she unfolded it.

"My Lady?" Her servant asked.

Sibyl turned to look at her. A dashing smile on her lips. Her eyes gleamed in excitement and happiness.

"The Prince remembers me, I knew all my efforts were not in vain. If he did not, why would he return one of my handkerchiefs?" She swooned and held it to her chest, "I did not even realise I had one like this, but I do have so many."

The servant waited for the young miss to calm down. She was still very confused as she was slow to catch on but nevertheless kept her mouth shut from asking any further. After all Sibyl did not like it when the servants got to chatty and nosy for their own good. This was one of the many reasons why she could never keep a personal servant for more than a month.

"Come, we must go and inform mother of this." Sibyl shot out the doors not a second later completely forgetting the reason why she originally came to the library. Her servant followed right after.

Erica who had been hiding the whole time let out a breath. That was too stressful for her own good. She was nearly caught.

Erica did not pay much attention to the conversation between the Prince and Sibyl, she was deafened by her loud heartbeat. To say she was surprised when she realised that another person had entered the library without her being aware would be an understatement. This caused an immediate panic and she prayed that they would leave soon.

Erica did not spend another minute in the library. She grabbed the book she was reading and checked it the cost was clear before making her way back to her room, back to her safe haven.

Prince Aleric was greeted by an unhappy Walter when he arrived back at the sitting room. Louis was back too but he had ruffled hair which he had attempted to pat down and slightly swollen lips. What was most alarming about his appearance however was the prominent had print across his cheek, but he looked unconcerned, rather his eyes had a glint in them. Before Aleric could question his cousin, Walter spoke.

"I do not know who gives me the bigger headache, you or Louis." he crossed his arms and scowled, "I would ring your necks but unfortunately you guys are of ridiculously high noble standing so that would be a nuisance."

"And we just happened to be your dear friends so you would therefore miss us too much." Aleric smirked.

"Hmmm..." Walter tapped his chin in thought, " You maybe," he turned to look at Louis, "but Louis is a definite no."

"Hey!" Louis complained and attempted to lightly punch him on the shoulder but failed due to his pathetic form and clumsiness. This resulted on him falling and landing on his bottom. All three of them laughed.

"Come on let's head back, I think we've spent enough time on this estate." Walter reached to help Louis up.