Chapter Fourteen- Staring Contests

Hey you guys! Here's chapter fourteen, in honor of HALF A MILLION VIEWS and nearly TWELVE THOUSAND votes on this story! I never could have imagined gaining this many views/votes on this story, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank EVERYONE who's reading this. (:

This chapter has some mature language in it; it isn't too bad in my opinion, but some of you might think differently, so here you go. Here's your warning. (And this story is rated PG-13, so, you know, you should expect that.)

Last chapter, by the way, got an overwhelmingly large response. 1500 VOTES. HOLY MOLY. 400+ COMMENTS. WHAT. Y'all are flipping amazing.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!! Comment/Vote if you do, as per usual(:

Now, get on with reading! (:

Oh, and PS.-A Ryder Johnson has been chosen, and will be revealed in the next chapter. (:

Okay, okay, I'll shut up now XD Please forgive an mistakes/grammatical errors made in this chapter.

Enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Fourteen- Staring Contests

Charlotte Everley

None of us said anything.

And it felt as if time froze, like we were in a picture. But, all of a sudden, it felt like something was wrong. Like I was doing something wrong.

Well, you aren't, my mind reassured me. But even then, I didn't move. I didn't know why, I didn't know the reason. I was just stuck. Then staring into his fierce blue eyes, I knew I couldn't speak, either.

I couldn't do anything.

Why, why, why? I exclaimed in my head.

I felt Cameron move away from me from the corner of my eye, pushing me off of his lap, but it was all muffled by the look that Ryder was giving me; a look that I couldn't decipher myself.

"Ry-," He started. But in millisecond, I saw Ryder blink, making me blink as well.

But when I reopened my eyes after that involuntary action, he was gone.

"Ryder!" I heard Cameron call. Not before long, I heard Cameron leave the apartment in a flash, right out the door where Ryder had just stood. The closing of the door vibrated through my whole body.

Then I slumped down, onto the plush carpet below me.

"What just happened?" I whispered. But at that moment, Naomi let out a shriek, followed by a squeal, somewhat reflecting my emotions at the moment while also stopping me from thinking further into it.

The question is...do you want to think any further into it? My mind asked me. Shaking that thought out of my head, I walked towards Naomi's room, my brain numb and frazzled.

I let out a deep breath.

Why does it feel like things are getting so dang complex these days?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder Johnson

I really didn't know what to think.

I didn't really know why I left either. But in the back of my mind was a thought that continuously flashed as I walked faster and faster away from Cole's apartment, but I didn't dissect into it any further. The image of them kissing kept flashing, like a police car's lights, in my head. Over and over and over again.