☁️ Denji |Rainy Days

Denji x Gender Neutral Reader
Requested by IRA_n4

You hummed softly as gentle lips brushed against your temple. You close your eyes and lean into Denji more, listening to the rain pounding against the roof and window. Aki and Power are out, leaving the two of you alone in comfortable silence.

His arms wrapped around you from behind as he rested his head on your shoulder. You smile to yourself and look out the window.

Rainy days are beautiful.

The sound of soft tapping — or heavy downpour — is relaxing for both of you. Gray skies aren't that bad. The smell of moist air is the best. It's like a nice feeling when you walk outside and smell the air after it rains. Don't forget the few rays of sunlight that peek through the gray clouds moments after the rain subsides.

"Baby, what're ya thinking about?" You heard Denji mumble while nuzzling your neck.
"I want to lay in the rain," you replied.
"Really? Even though you'd catch a cold?"
"Yes. I want to feel the coolness against my skin."
"Okay, let's do it," he said as his arms withdrew from around your waist.
You smile and run out the door before him. By the time he's outside, you're already lying down outside in the parking lot. "Geez it's cold out," he shivered and walked down the stairs to lay beside you.

At first, he didn't find the cold appealing. The raindrops got all up in his face and felt uncomfortable. He had to squint to stare at the sky.
He didn't hear you whine about it, so he didn't either. He turned his head to look at you, noticing that your eyes were closed and a smile gracing your lips. Seeing how content you were made him quit thinking about what made him uncomfortable.
He returned to face the sky, this time with his eyes closed and the same smile that he saw on your face.
I like this, he thought.
He found himself inching his hand towards yours until they touched. Your hand was cold, wet, and oddly comforting. It made his heart flutter, especially when you slowly entwined your fingers with his.
He's now completely drenched and cold.

But he doesn't care.

You felt your hand raise slightly as he sat up with his hand still tangled with yours. You opened your eyes to see him smiling at you. "Let's dance," he offered with that goofy smile.
You laugh, "We don't know how to."
"So? It'll still be fun," he replied while tugging your arm until you finally got up.

You wrapped your arms around his neck as his right arm snaked around your waist. His free hand clasped yours lightly. You began to move slowly, Denji following along while looking into your eyes.

"You're staring," you laugh.
"Your eyes are just mesmerizing," he replied genuinely.
You chuckle.

As you continued slow dancing, you'd often accidentally step on his feet and apologize, only for him to laugh lightly.
He twirled you and pulled you back towards him.
"Did I do it right?"
"Yes. You did great!"
He smiled more.

The dancing continued for a few more minutes until he placed his hands on your waist and lifted you up. You squealed and looked down at him. Both of your laughter echoed around the empty parking lot as he twirled while holding you up.
His gaze was glued to your eyes and yours to his, smiling ear to ear.

...

"What are they doing?" Power whispered to Aki, who watched both of you dancing in the rain with no music. He shrugged. "Dancing, I guess."
"Should we tell them to dry up?"
He listened to your laughter and shook his head. "Nah. They're having fun," he replied while walking back into the apartment.